Thanks For Saving Me $$$$

I guess you would call me a researcher rather than a lurker. I figure every problem we have with out skis has probably been beaten into the ground like a dead horse. So far everyones' posts on the forum helped me identify the starter as our starting problem and how to replace it without pulling the engine. Our next most recent problem was water slowly filling the engine compartment. After a day of use it would be about 1/3 full. Without ABBOTT's pics I don't think I would have ever found that stupid one way valve (which was torn up) tucked up in the corner of the ski. I figure this forum has probably saved me between 600-800 dollars in service fees. We essentially stole the skis for the price we paid. It is amazing how people go out and buy these toys and have no idea and no desire to learn how to do minimum maintenance to keep them running. New plugs, some SeaFoam and DeepCreep a bit of marine grease on the zerks and these supposedly dogged out skis were once again screaming down the lake.

Thanks to all.

+1

Welcome to the forum and Glad this site has helped you. There are tons of information in the little search tool

Quote Originally Posted by fairview View Post
    I guess you would call me a researcher rather than a lurker. I figure every problem we have with out skis has probably been beaten into the ground like a dead horse. So far everyones' posts on the forum helped me identify the starter as our starting problem and how to replace it without pulling the engine. Our next most recent problem was water slowly filling the engine compartment. After a day of use it would be about 1/3 full. Without ABBOTT's pics I don't think I would have ever found that stupid one way valve (which was torn up) tucked up in the corner of the ski. I figure this forum has probably saved me between 600-800 dollars in service fees. We essentially stole the skis for the price we paid. It is amazing how people go out and buy these toys and have no idea and no desire to learn how to do minimum maintenance to keep them running. New plugs, some SeaFoam and DeepCreep a bit of marine grease on the zerks and these supposedly dogged out skis were once again screaming down the lake.

Thanks to all.
    Which valve are you talking about? THe mechanical bilge one or the electric bilge one?

Thread Information