+1

Do i need to replace this impeller

My 2006 RXP was losing MPHs down from 69 to 64. i pulled the pump to the replace the wear ring which had somes grooves and notice the impeller was nicked up. i'm not sure if this is normal/acceptable wear and tear on the impeller or if it should be repalced. if you don't mind, check out the pictures and let me know what you think.
    also, if it does need to be replaced, do you have any recommendations?? the ski is completely stock, but if i could get an impeller the could add a little more performace to the ski, i'd do it but don't want to have to start more mods at this point.

also, i sent the SC down to jerry last week to switch out the washers.
    thanks for the help so far. i appreciate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	impeller 003.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	79047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	impeller 002.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	79048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	impeller 001.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	79049  

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Saywoodj View Post
    My 2006 RXP was losing MPHs down from 69 to 64. i pulled the pump to the replace the wear ring which had somes grooves and notice the impeller was nicked up. i'm not sure if this is normal/acceptable wear and tear on the impeller or if it should be repalced. if you don't mind, check out the pictures and let me know what you think.
    also, if it does need to be replaced, do you have any recommendations?? the ski is completely stock, but if i could get an impeller the could add a little more performace to the ski, i'd do it but don't want to have to start more mods at this point.

also, i sent the SC down to jerry last week to switch out the washers.
    thanks for the help so far. i appreciate it.
    You can go either way..You can have your impeller fixed at a local prop shop for around $100.00 or you could buy new for a few hundred and pick up alittle speed. But if you decide to upgrade do so knowing you may have to tweek your new impeller for the correct RPM's

Alex

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    You can go either way..You can have your impeller fixed at a local prop shop for around $100.00 or you could buy new for a few hundred and pick up alittle speed. But if you decide to upgrade do so knowing you may have to tweek your new impeller for the correct RPM's

Alex
    If you decide to fix it go with Impros over a local prop shop. Impros are experts at watercraft impellers which are a much different animal then the bass boat/runabout props the local store usually sees.

+1
    Take vise grips and sqeeze the dings straight and then lightly file the leading edge. It WILL WORK!

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Flip the wear ring, dress up the leading edge (per jawz recommendation), and run it! You should get back a couple mph and enjoy the ski with minimal $$$ invested.

Now, if and when you choose to create more performance, you will need some engine mods and a more precise fix on the impeller/wear ring... but that is more money.

Sounds like (for now) you want to enjoy the ski for what it was meant to do... create fun!

Thread Information