+1

Newbie with a problem, raider 1100

Just wanted to say hi everyone, I'm looking forward to getting involved with the forum. I've been doing a lot of reading to try and learn as much as i can about my ski. Anyway I just got a 96 waveraider 1100 yesterday needs to be polished and the plastics need a little paint but the engine is great looking with no corrasion at all. I was feeling good about it till i took it out for a spin today. It idles fine and does 5mph no problem. When i went to open it up it ran great for about 5-10 seconds then stalled out. It would start back up but would stall out if i tried to go faster then 5-7 mph. The seller told me when i got it yesterday to drain the gas (gas is from last season with stabilizer in it) and put new plugs in, which I'm going to do I just thought it should still run fine for a quick trip. The fuel filter doesn't look that bad but I plan on replacing it anyway. Do you guys think it's just this or should I look into something else too? Thanks in advance.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. We have a few ole Skool Raider gurus that should be here shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by philys21 View Post
    Just wanted to say hi everyone, I'm looking forward to getting involved with the forum. I've been doing a lot of reading to try and learn as much as i can about my ski. Anyway I just got a 96 waveraider 1100 yesterday needs to be polished and the plastics need a little paint but the engine is great looking with no corrasion at all. I was feeling good about it till i took it out for a spin today. It idles fine and does 5mph no problem. When i went to open it up it ran great for about 5-10 seconds then stalled out. It would start back up but would stall out if i tried to go faster then 5-7 mph. The seller told me when i got it yesterday to drain the gas (gas is from last season with stabilizer in it) and put new plugs in, which I'm going to do I just thought it should still run fine for a quick trip. The fuel filter doesn't look that bad but I plan on replacing it anyway. Do you guys think it's just this or should I look into something else too? Thanks in advance.
    welcome to the greatest old school forum in the world- could be alot of things so by process of elimination lets start with the obvious-yes drain the tank before you ride again and change plugs ngk br8hs but your problem sounds like the hose on your fuel pump is kinking(the one on the bottom of your fuel pump to your pulse fitting) replace with fresh hose and try again its notorious for this from the factory-keep us posted

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    while you're at it, p.uill the 2 hoses off of the fuel sender and try blowing through them as you rotate the knob. make sure the valve isn't gummed up. Does the ski have a choke or primer? if you ride it again and it is still doing it, give it a shot of primer or half choke. if that clears it up you definitely have a fuel issue.

+1
    Thanks. I will start with this stuff tonight. Is there any online manual?

+1
    Well I tried those things and it ran a little better but it's still not running right. Same symptoms just will run a couple seconds longer till it stalls out. What's the next step?

+1

Rebuild the carbs and fuel pump, replace the fuel filter.

Thread Information