Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need Help, Bogging, Yamaha waveventure

Okay Well i just got done putting my new motor in last week and took it out to lake and broke it in this weekend, But when i first start it hot or cold. I cant floor it off the bat, 50 percent thottle off the bat it will just die 1 2 3. It works fine once you get back the bogging down which takes some throttle pumping some times, or just sitting for a while and trying to ease up on throttle slowely, But once you get the power it runs good and and does not give you a problem really untill you stop again.

Also it has a 1200 top end and head. With the 1200 gp carbs on it.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    are the carbs running on 3 pulse lines or did you t in to the original raider one?

Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    are the carbs running on 3 pulse lines or did you t in to the original raider one?
    3 pulse lines.

Also the ****ing head is not milled has 120psi, Lol so dont factor that into your problem sovling, Guy charged me for it but did not do it dealing with that now lol. But anyways yea.

i dont think its that mikey-i ran one pulse teed for 2 yrs w/buckshot 44's-sounds like carbs need to be dialed in-what settings and jets?

Quote Originally Posted by lousieg55 View Post
    3 pulse lines.

Also the ****ing head is not milled has 120psi, Lol so dont factor that into your problem sovling, Guy charged me for it but did not do it dealing with that now lol. But anyways yea.
    your porting will drop compression so he might have milled it or you wouldnt have 120psi with stock head and porting imo sounds like he just didnt mill it enough

Quote Originally Posted by big raider View Post
    your porting will drop compression so he might have milled it or you wouldnt have 120psi with stock head and porting imo sounds like he just didnt mill it enough

Well i know he ported it just by the way it looks, because i could see it in the cases, So that might be it but i would still think more around 135 psi not 120. But you might be right.

The carbs are stock i belive, I fooled with the air/fuel mixture screws at the lake today did not really do mcuh, Its like it has to build pressure up or something.

Also Dont know if this makes a diffrence But when i put more of a load on the engine 5 guys LOl, We were bored, It maid the proble like 20 times worse and take longer to get the power.

Edit Ill post some pics up from the lake and engine in a couple

Well i know he ported it just by the way it looks, because i could see it in the cases, So that might be it but i would still think more around 135 psi not 120. But you might be right.

The carbs are stock i belive, I fooled with the air/fuel mixture screws at the lake today did not really do mcuh, Its like it has to build pressure up or something.

Also Dont know if this makes a diffrence But when i put more of a load on the engine 5 guys LOl, We were bored, It maid the proble like 20 times worse and take longer to get the power.

Edit Ill post some pics up from the lake and engine in a couple
    when i first ported my 1200 i used stock jetting per riva and it was way rich on top and way lean on bottom-ended up going from 135 mains to 120 mains and 115 pilots and was spot on at 1 out-you need a tach to tune properly- a commercial tiny tach will work $75

Okay, Yea tac is on its way already, But what do you think it is, Just the wrong jets in there for my aplication.

okay doing some more looking on here, And found a bunch of threads with diffrent things to try. 1. Clean all the fuel lines, But how would a dirty fuel line hurt low speed and not anything else.

Would it be the fuel pumps by any chance, Or think its more in the jetting.

okay doing some more looking on here, And found a bunch of threads with diffrent things to try. 1. Clean all the fuel lines, But how would a dirty fuel line hurt low speed and not anything else.

Would it be the fuel pumps by any chance, Or think its more in the jetting.
    Mark is a really good guy and very knowledgeable in the carb area. Just a start I would take the carbs off and go through them front to back. First check the valves to see if you have and creases, if so replace them, then clean out the carb filter. I would also make sure your needle and seat are clean and dirt free. Also take out the high and low adjustment screws spray through the holes and through the jets with carb cleaner. Another step would be to make sure your float arm is flat with the body assembly. Check this with a razor blade or something really straight. Now perform a pop-off test and see what numbers you come up with. Doing this will start you on a clean slate and knock out a lot of small problems. Now after this is all done retune the carbs and see if you have the problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information