Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: New problems

  1. #1
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237

    Angry New problems

    After this;

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img176.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	79148

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img178.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	79149

    I got my impeller back from SKAT ( full warantee ) put her back together ad took it to the River.. New high speed vibration I'm guessing when my impeller broke the vibration screwed my bearings up in my pump And for some crazy reason I'm getting high temp. codes anywhere over 8000 RPM's and 78 MPH I'm going crazy The forth of July is coming I'm going to take my Riva IC back out again!! and clean it again..then reroute my strainer correctly and try the green water reducer washer...1mm bigger than the yellow.. Any other ideas?? Just needed a quick vent, thanks..Happy monday everybody


  2. #2
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    I always have ran with my flush adapter installed which blocks off some of the water which would be coming out of the J-pipe and forces more into the WB, i have never had a single overheating issue, i also drilled the j-pipe pissers out as large as you can...i do have the line coming from the bottome of the j-pipe to manifold dumping overboard because when i capped it off i did notice a little bit of low end lag because so much water was being forced through the WB. you may also have a leaking water line which could also cause this, check all the hoses for cracks and holes, make sure nothing is rubbing. on the shipbottom ride someones riva IC inlet line was rubbing right againts the hull and causing his hull to fill and i think it contributed to the hi-temp alarm

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    I always have ran with my flush adapter installed which blocks off some of the water which would be coming out of the J-pipe and forces more into the WB, i have never had a single overheating issue, i also drilled the j-pipe pissers out as large as you can...i do have the line coming from the bottome of the j-pipe to manifold dumping overboard because when i capped it off i did notice a little bit of low end lag because so much water was being forced through the WB. you may also have a leaking water line which could also cause this, check all the hoses for cracks and holes, make sure nothing is rubbing. on the shipbottom ride someones riva IC inlet line was rubbing right againts the hull and causing his hull to fill and i think it contributed to the hi-temp alarm
    Flush adapter?? I don't have one of those My hose just screws in the back of my ski

  4. #4
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Flush adapter?? I don't have one of those My hose just screws in the back of my ski
    This adapter screws onto the flush port; the other adapter screws onto the hose. Then just push the two together without having to screw the hose onto the port... Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    After this;

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img176.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	79148

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img178.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	79149

    I got my impeller back from SKAT ( full warantee ) put her back together ad took it to the River.. New high speed vibration I'm guessing when my impeller broke the vibration screwed my bearings up in my pump And for some crazy reason I'm getting high temp. codes anywhere over 8000 RPM's and 78 MPH I'm going crazy The forth of July is coming I'm going to take my Riva IC back out again!! and clean it again..then reroute my strainer correctly and try the green water reducer washer...1mm bigger than the yellow.. Any other ideas?? Just needed a quick vent, thanks..Happy monday everybody
    How many hours on the pump?40?

  6. #6
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Alex,When you say high temp are you talking about engine or exhaust???

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    How many hours on the pump?40?
    105 Hours

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Alex,When you say high temp are you talking about engine or exhaust???
    Exhaust

  9. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    What size hose goes to the IC? 5/8" or 1/2"?

  10. #10
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    its 3/4..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New problem!! Buzzing from electrical box/no start
    By 95SLT750PWC in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 12:30 AM
  2. Factory service rep see's new problem
    By snapper455 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 03:42 AM
  3. Good Grief a New Problem now!!!
    By Pale Rider in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 05:22 PM
  4. New Day- New Problem
    By idizzy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 05:47 PM
  5. New day...New problem
    By idizzy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2006, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •