Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Post Mudbug Nightmares

well im really glad mudbug was so cool cuz my ride home was anything but,,,

first off my jeep's front hub took a **** on I-10 probably from the meteor craters on hwy 90... so we pull over to look at my now screaching wheel, and my bro's truck just starts smoking, pop the hood and the coolant hose is spraying all over the place.... so ok, i can drive a few hundred more miles with a busted hub no prob, and we can fix the coolant line with a splice and some hose clamps,,, well we get back on I-10 thinking were home free,, then the single trailer tire blows,, alright pull over, no small spare,, so we used the spare from the double trailer on the little one, had to take the fender off and bend the mounts to get the wheel to fit,, now we got one giant wheel and one small wheel,, the ski is now rolling again but at a 45* tilt to the side,riding on the sidewall .... anyway 25 more miles later BOOM the other little tire goes,,,, now we got no more trailer spares,, so i threw my jeep spare on it... now we got this enormously tall single trailer with one trailer tire and one jeep tire,,, so we start rolling again, one of the tires is all out of wack, we had to mount it backwards for it to fit,, somehow the trailer hub lugs start stripping, so one wheel has only 3 bolts holding it on......

so now were limping to austin with a clanking jeep, a smoking dodge, and a trailer that looks like it can take on the rubicon trail........

and if that wasnt enough,,, my ski threw a rod or busted some rings cuz i rode it yesterday and it was a complete dog and started shooting flames from the base gaskets ....... i guess im lucky it was still kinda running at the bug,,, i love 2-strokes, but man, i see everyone with a conversion or some sort of 4-stroke and everyones having fun,, ive spent way more hours fixing the damn thing than riding it...... i think im officially gonna step into the conversion arena,,, I WANT A 4-STROKE,, I WANT TO RIDE DAMNIT !!!!!

+1

+1
    WOW....Talk about having a bad day...Damn

+1
    Sorry to hear about all your problems. Sucks.
    After reading this, it made most of my mudbugs problems seem small. I know it's no consolation, but you will always find that person who's troubles are worse than yours. Give it a few days and then re-evaluate matters.
    Good luck.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    dam! that sucks, but you are a good story teller

I tell you what, the 2 strokes are awesome as long as you dont screw with them, or screw with them very little. but that's not conducive to speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Sorry to hear about all your problems. Sucks.
    After reading this, it made most of my mudbugs problems seem small. I know it's no consolation, but you will always find that person who's troubles are worse than yours. Give it a few days and then re-evaluate matters.
    Good luck.
    you have a story too huh Kirk ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    you have a story too huh Kirk ?
    Dude, I am "just now" getting over my events. Don't get me started down that road again.
    It's kind of like the hard luck award; most of us qualified, but no one wants to take that trophie home.

+1
    wait until you get the 5 thousand dollar repair bill if and when that 4 smoke goes....

+1
    RDH, I'm sorry about your troubles

......but I have to admit, that was a good story, I nearly blew pecans and praline ice cream all over my laptop

but really...it can be fixed....and I concur, I'm thru with 2 strokes pwc as well.
    Last edited by RX951; 06-23-2008 at 09:55 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    wait until you get the 5 thousand dollar repair bill if and when that 4 smoke goes....
    Don't say that Joe. I was just getting use to the fact that I was going 4 stroke, with no warranty either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information