RXP-X vs Stage III RXP

Had a great chance yesterday to compare all aspects of performance between my Underwood Stage III and a stock RXP-X. For a stock boat the X has great go untill about 50mph then cuts out pretty hard. I'd say the RXP-X has alot more to give when modded. First 30 feet the Stage III is about two boats in front and pulls about three boats ahead every second untill 50mph then there is no race. My point is that I've raced stock RXP's and the X has huge go compared to those boats. There were some other interesting things about the X that I noticed but I'll wait to see if the thread gets read. Cheers!

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smc View Post
    Had a great chance yesterday to compare all aspects of performance between my Underwood Stage III and a stock RXP-X. For a stock boat the X has great go untill about 50mph then cuts out pretty hard. I'd say the RXP-X has alot more to give when modded. First 30 feet the Stage III is about two boats in front and pulls about three boats ahead every second untill 50mph then there is no race. My point is that I've raced stock RXP's and the X has huge go compared to those boats. There were some other interesting things about the X that I noticed but I'll wait to see if the thread gets read. Cheers!
    whats up with the other stuff......

WHAT IS THE OTHER STUFF.

Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum743 View Post
    WHAT IS THE OTHER STUFF.

HUM I wonder....... besides the freakin obvious....

The other stuff is actually not that obvious. Looks like most of the dealers around this city are telling the customers that these boats are alot faster then they really are. The four guys and one gal that I have talked to that have these boats are telling me that they were told by the dealer that these boats will do 78-80mph! My take on this is that the difference in price for a 255 and a 215 in Canada is really too great to make sense, so people are being lied too just to sell the boat- after all how many boats can beat this machine anyway so the dealers take the chance to sell a boat. Sad really! If you'd like to know the ONE dealer that is doing this up here just pm me.

The other stuff is actually not that obvious. Looks like most of the dealers around this city are telling the customers that these boats are alot faster then they really are. The four guys and one gal that I have talked to that have these boats are telling me that they were told by the dealer that these boats will do 78-80mph! My take on this is that the difference in price for a 255 and a 215 in Canada is really too great to make sense, so people are being lied too just to sell the boat- after all how many boats can beat this machine anyway so the dealers take the chance to sell a boat. Sad really! If you'd like to know the ONE dealer that is doing this up here just pm me.
    Wow thats just messed up....But now that I look back on it my dealer kind of said some stupid SH*T too when I came up there....But I just kind of told him I didn't need a lesson in watercraft....The main reason I bought this boat was beacause Of the fixes THAT WERE SUPPOSED to have been made to the RXP. Well and few other things that canged in the design but those are just little....Well and not to mention the intake to pump setup and larger SC and IC setup...But I have to agree with you on the price thing....

. . .they were told by the dealer that these boats will do 78-80mph!
    Get that every time I walk into any dealership. . . Yami guys said their GPR will ring 80 out of the box, the new SHO will do a bit more. When I bought my rxp, salesman said it will do 75. Now they claim the X's do 75.

Jay

Whoa, that's funny....dunno why they'd tell you guys they go so fast. My dealer told me high 60's.

are telling the customers that these boats are alot faster then they really are. The four guys and one gal that I have talked to that have these boats are telling me that they were told by the dealer that these boats will do 78-80mph! .
    Unfortunately this happens more often then not. The dealer I go through actually is straight forward on this topic and will actually show radar results.

Thread Information