Thread: rxt-x grate

rxt-x grate

bought a new r&d grate for my rxt-x was wondering how much gain i will get with just that ? currently running 68.5 to 69.1 with 2 hours on meter

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chokehold View Post
    bought a new r&d grate for my rxt-x was wondering how much gain i will get with just that ? currently running 68.5 to 69.1 with 2 hours on meter
    About 3mph all things considered. Just remember when you do/did your stock speed runs, try and duplicate the conditions of temp and water conditions.

I picked up a little more than 3mph, and about 30rpm. Also, I've heard, but not seen it on my ski, that the stock ECU limits rpms' until you have 8 hours on the meter.

Also, when I did my test on the R&D grate, I just pulled the boat onto the trailer, took the stock grate off, put the R&D grate on, no silicone, and rode it. Zero cavitation out of the hole. Please remember to follow in the instructions exactly.
    When these boats are molded, they cool differently, so if you look at the stock grate, the back holes are elongated, because the holes on different boats are aligned differently. You may need to slighly elongate the front bolt hole.
    Take your time and line everything up, and check everything twice. If your going to leave it on, silicone in place, and a little blue loctite, and hang on.

Thread Information