+1

08 Rxt-x Storage Hood Problems

The Hydrolic Arm That Holds The Storage Hood Up Has Come Off 3 Times Now. Anyone Else Having This Problem And How To Fix? Appears The Arm Is Not Straight, However, The Bottom Piece Is Held By Rivots, So How Do You Straighten? Thanks. Also, When Is Riva Going To Have The Brackets To Move The Ic So You Can Use A Thru The Transom Exhaust? Thanks.

Ron-colorado Skier Also Anyone Know Of Water Conditions At Table Rock Lake In Missouri, Maybe One Of The Best Jet Ski Lakes In The Usa??? So Clear, You May Scuba Dive It!

+1
    If it is coming off were it connects to the lid it is missing the C clip. There is a little groove for a C clip. First a little washer then a C clip. What part is bent? The strut rod. If so it unbolts at the bottom.

+1
    I wanted to correct my post as I was incorrect and confused the rxt hood strut with the rx. The rxt is not bolted at the bottom. It has a clip at the end of the strut that you pry up with a small flat head screw dirver. You don't need to totaly remove the clip just back it out enough to release the strut. It has the same clip at the bottom as it should on the top. If your strut is popping off I would say either the clip is missing or is not clipped in properly. When reinstalling the rod you can put the clip on the strut first and just snap it on the ball. It works just like alot of hood and trunk/ hatch struts on vehicles. Here are a couple pics of this type of strut.
    Sorry the pics are blurry. I hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strut 001.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	581.9 KB 
ID:	79646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strut 002.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	740.6 KB 
ID:	79647  
    Last edited by speedskixp; 06-25-2008 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The Hydrolic Arm That Holds The Storage Hood Up Has Come Off 3 Times Now. Anyone Else Having This Problem And How To Fix? Appears The Arm Is Not Straight, However, The Bottom Piece Is Held By Rivots, So How Do You Straighten? Thanks. Also, When Is Riva Going To Have The Brackets To Move The Ic So You Can Use A Thru The Transom Exhaust? Thanks.

Ron-colorado Skier Also Anyone Know Of Water Conditions At Table Rock Lake In Missouri, Maybe One Of The Best Jet Ski Lakes In The Usa??? So Clear, You May Scuba Dive It!
    Yes, 12 hours on RXTX and it has broken 3 times. Strut was replaced with new and it still happens. The bottom anchor point (clip) looks to be missalligned (off center and at a slight angle). Dealer has parts on ordered, new linkage (complete) and will install and align the clip. Hope this will fix the problem!

Banned User
    +1
    Mine was the same way....some of the brackets are completely off from the factory. Take it to the dealer and have them remove the old brackets, fill in the holes, and re-install new brackets. That was what was done on mine, and its been good ever since.

+1

wrong brackets

Same thing was happening to my T-X. Shock thingy came off 5-6 times. Took the ski back to the dealer for the 10 hour service. They noticed the brackets were off so changed them. Will be back on the water in a day or two. Will report back.

Thread Information