Concord ST-CD-15/20 impeller on Sportster LE DI

Has anyone installed the Concord ST-CD-15/20 impeller on Sportster LE DI? If so, have you seen any performance improvements?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fdesorme View Post
    Has anyone installed the Concord ST-CD-15/20 impeller on Sportster LE DI? If so, have you seen any performance improvements?
    That's alot of prop. Do you have any mods on your boat? I ask because that particular size prop is used by us ski guy when we are pushing a stage 2+ motor.

Boat still stock.

The boat is still stock. I want a little more holeshot, and I saw the concord impeller on the Solas site. They have it listed for the stock boat, but I don't know if the boat can push such a big impeller. Any ideas as to which impeller would work?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fdesorme View Post
    The boat is still stock. I want a little more holeshot, and I saw the concord impeller on the Solas site. They have it listed for the stock boat, but I don't know if the boat can push such a big impeller. Any ideas as to which impeller would work?
    I'm not an expert, especially when it comes to the boats. I would figure a 14-17 like the one that comes with Riva's stage 1 for the RXT/GTXL would give you better holeshot. Hopefully one of the boat guys can drop in here a add to this.

+1
    I plan on running the 15/20 in a 215 sportster, but it will have intercooler, x charger, and a few other mods. That's a steep prop for a boat, way too steep for stock I would think. The holeshot will be gone unless u got some hidden HP.

Its odd that Solas recommends this prop for my boat. I see that they recommend the Dynafly ST-DF 13/19 for some of the seadoos with the 155.5mm pump. Do you think that this is a better match for the boat? I'm looking at improving the bottom end. Has anyone also tried the freestyle cone from wet wolf?

Definitely not recommended to run that on a stock boat....you'd need at least a 4tec with a stage2+ to turn this 15/10.....you could go with a 13/18, or maybe....i say it again maybe a 14/19....but never a 15/20 on a stock 947 DI 2 stroke engine, in my opinion.

Also....just make sure that you can do that....peoples here talk often about sportster but they refer to 4tec sportster, not the older ones with 2 strokes in them....4 stroke is different than 2 stroke, so pitching might not even be the same reality with these different engine combinations...

I contacted impros and they suggested a Solas concord 14/19 for my boat. Will this give me better performance than the 13/18 setup? They also make a dynafly 13/19 prop for the 155mm pump. Are the concord props better suited to the boats?

Sorry that's a typo, this is what i meant...13/19 and not 13/18....

Go with Impros

They know there stuff. You can even ask them to back it off a degree or
    so, ensuring hole shot. Ask them about the skat track swirl impellers. You will burn off some speed, but grunt will be there. Good Luck!

Thread Information