Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Stolen Phone/dl/cc/cash At Gro's Marine

while we were at gros marine on saturday, my girlfriend kasey left her phone/drivers license/credit card/cash in the WOMENS bathroom, all in the little red waterproof case that john from unishippers handed out... we had the band make an announcement at gros but no luck,, i tryed looking for the case but when every single person has a red waterproof see-through case its kinda hard to find..... so please look at your red-cases, im hoping someone picked it up on accident thinking it was theres and hasnt checked it since,, i realize its been a week but that stuff is important and a PITA to get again..... i really hope it wasnt the jetski crowd, but someone has our stuff, and we need it back... thanks guys....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    while we were at gros marine on saturday, my girlfriend kasey left her phone/drivers license/credit card/cash in the WOMENS bathroom, all in the little red waterproof case that john from unishippers handed out... we had the band make an announcement at gros but no luck,, i tryed looking for the case but when every single person has a red waterproof see-through case its kinda hard to find..... so please look at your red-cases, im hoping someone picked it up on accident thinking it was theres and hasnt checked it since,, i realize its been a week but that stuff is important and a PITA to get again..... i really hope it wasnt the jetski crowd, but someone has our stuff, and we need it back... thanks guys....

If the battery is still good and the phone is on they can ping the phone to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    If the battery is still good and the phone is on they can ping the phone to find it.
    i doubt the battery is still good...

+1
    Good luck RDH...What an aweful feeling, too.

Can I assume you've called back to Gros to see if they found it?

Quote Originally Posted by howestek View Post
    Can I assume you've called back to Gros to see if they found it?
    we left our contact info with them, they said they would call if they found it... we called during the middle of last week but not in the last few days. the owner seamed really upset, so id imagine if she found it she would call

Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    we left our contact info with them, they said they would call if they found it... we called during the middle of last week but not in the last few days. the owner seamed really upset, so id imagine if she found it she would call
    Man it sounds like you had some horrible luck at MB with this and your ride home.

All cellular systems, like CDMA and GSM based systems, have Autonomous Registration. When the phone is turned on, it registers with both the roaming system and the home system, so the home system knows where to route inbound calls. Your service provider should be able to tell you the SID (system identication) and cell site number where the phone was last registered. They should also be alble to tell you if the phone is still close to where it was lost and if it's made or recieved any calls. If it made any calls, there are reverse-lookup sites that can assoicate the called number to a person's name. Once you have that information, you can contact the local police and hopefully locate the phone and all the rest of the items... Ron

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    any news remy

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    All cellular systems, like CDMA and GSM based systems, have Autonomous Registration. When the phone is turned on, it registers with both the roaming system and the home system, so the home system knows where to route inbound calls. Your service provider should be able to tell you the SID (system identication) and cell site number where the phone was last registered. They should also be alble to tell you if the phone is still close to where it was lost and if it's made or recieved any calls. If it made any calls, there are reverse-lookup sites that can assoicate the called number to a person's name. Once you have that information, you can contact the local police and hopefully locate the phone and all the rest of the items... Ron
    In m experience they can!! but won't help at all!
    and will shove all calls up your arse until you reported it stolen!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information