Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unhappy Need Helping Choosing A Supercharger-please Help!!!

Hi Guys,

So I recently picked up a 2005 RXT with 3.9 hours on it. It ran beautiful and had no problems with it...I have read a lot about the ceramic washers going bad so I decided to order some from Jerry. Received them and put them in 3 weeks ago. I used to work on boats for about 6 years so it actually wasn't to bad...

Well, yesterday I was on Lake Michigan and after around 4 hours of use it lost all of it's power and made a pretty bad noise coming out of the engine area. I shut it off immediately and had it towed...

Took the supercharger off again to find out that the bearing is shot. It had enough side play to where it scraped up the front housing and damage the blade. The back housing I'm sure is shot as well. The metal washers are fine though

Anyways, not I need to get a new supercharger but not sure what to get so I need your help guys. Do I buy a new OEM supercharger which I'm sure I'll have to replace the washers and bearings right away anyways or do I buy something different. I was on 4-tec performance and there is a new OEM "X" type charger for $980 but not sure what the "X" stands for. Is this only for the new RXT-X?

I found the R&D front housing with a blade combo or the riva one but I still need a new rear housing...

Please help if you have any ideas, it's greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
    Martin.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmcrazy79 View Post
    Hi Guys,

So I recently picked up a 2005 RXT with 3.9 hours on it. It ran beautiful and had no problems with it...I have read a lot about the ceramic washers going bad so I decided to order some from Jerry. Received them and put them in 3 weeks ago. I used to work on boats for about 6 years so it actually wasn't to bad...

Well, yesterday I was on Lake Michigan and after around 4 hours of use it lost all of it's power and made a pretty bad noise coming out of the engine area. I shut it off immediately and had it towed...

Took the supercharger off again to find out that the bearing is shot. It had enough side play to where it scraped up the front housing and damage the blade. The back housing I'm sure is shot as well. The metal washers are fine though

Anyways, not I need to get a new supercharger but not sure what to get so I need your help guys. Do I buy a new OEM supercharger which I'm sure I'll have to replace the washers and bearings right away anyways or do I buy something different. I was on 4-tec performance and there is a new OEM "X" type charger for $980 but not sure what the "X" stands for. Is this only for the new RXT-X?

I found the R&D front housing with a blade combo or the riva one but I still need a new rear housing...

Please help if you have any ideas, it's greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
    Martin.
    The X charger is spec'ed for the RXP-X and RXT-X. It has a larget diameter SC impeller to deliver larger volumes of at at about 9.5 psi. It is a direct replacement for the stock SC in your ski. Since it sounds like you need a new charger anyway it would be a good route for you to go. Especially if you want to get more power later. You will need to upgrade your injectors, or add a RRFPR in order to keep from running lean with it.

Rude All The Way

The X S/C is a very nice add-on part. It is more powerful than the Riva Stage 3 wheel and housing, but less powerful than the Rude. That said, it is also half the price of the Rude. If you purchase it, I would send it to Jerry to swap the bearings out for ceramics and to check everything else. You will need to use a RRFPR as well to keep from running lean and burning up! Both are available at the store, here's the link to the RRFPR since you already have the one to the X S/C.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=703

Banned User
    +1
    Don't forget that if you go with the X supercharger you'll also need the bigger X intercooler. If not, the supercharged air will back up on itself and you'll be wasting money. The engine won't see the extra boost because the 215 boats' intercooler doesn't flow enough.

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    Don't forget that if you go with the X supercharger you'll also need the bigger X intercooler. If not, the supercharged air will back up on itself and you'll be wasting money. The engine won't see the extra boost because the 215 boats' intercooler doesn't flow enough.
    He could use any other aftermarket I/C too. The stock I/C would hinder preformance but wouldn't be a total waste of money for him since he needs a new charger housing and you would still see improved preformance.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    He could use any other aftermarket I/C too. The stock I/C would hinder preformance but wouldn't be a total waste of money for him since he needs a new charger housing and you would still see improved preformance.
    Not necessarily. Too big an intercooler will also have a negative effect. Then the boosted air will loose pressure.

Not necessarily. Too big an intercooler will also have a negative effect. Then the boosted air will loose pressure.
    There isn't that much varience in IC size amongst the ones on the market.

+1
    ???

You will see a gain for sure, no matter what IC is installed.

Also, Darth is right in that no aftermarket IC for our PWCs causes a loss in performance. I'm not sure if the X-IC has been back to back tested against others, but I doubt it's any better, if even any at all.

If you stick with the I/C's that have been tried, tested, and approved you should be fine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information