Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Posts
    9

    FX SHO cruise control???

    Hello all, new to the forum.

    I just picked up my new FX SHO last Friday and spent all weekend on the lake. Awesome craft, but was having trouble activating the cruise assist / control. I hit the button and heard the three beeps as explained in the owners manual but when I let off the throttle, it goes to idle???

    I read in the manual where it would only activate between 3000 and 7000 rpm, which is where I was trying, but still no luck.

    Is there a trick I am missing? Anyone else have any issues like this?

    Thanks,

    Duane


  2. #2
    SHOin OFF 02gpR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort. Lauderdale
    Posts
    2,103
    +1
    23
    YEA . . you have to hold the throttle in that possition or WIDE OPEN!!! . . once you let off it deactivates it . . . so just set it and pull the throttle all the way back !!!! works like a charm !!!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    YEA . . you have to hold the throttle in that possition or WIDE OPEN!!! . . once you let off it deactivates it . . . so just set it and pull the throttle all the way back !!!! works like a charm !!!

    So.....let me make sure I understand you correctly. Let's say you're running around 40mph. You hit the button, then pull it to wide open throttle. When you let off, will it catch back up around 40mph??

    How long do you hold the button??? I assume just until you hear the three beeps.

    Is this correct or please correct me if I am not understanding the process.

    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    425
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by duaneherndon View Post
    So.....let me make sure I understand you correctly. Let's say you're running around 40mph. You hit the button, then pull it to wide open throttle. When you let off, will it catch back up around 40mph??

    How long do you hold the button??? I assume just until you hear the three beeps.

    Is this correct or please correct me if I am not understanding the process.

    Thanks,


    No, you DON'T let off or it will cancel the cruise. Once you hit the cruise button you have to wait like 3 seconds before you pull the throttle back because if you pull that throttle before the 3 seconds you are going take off unexpectedly!! The cruise only works by having the throttle pulled all the way or in the position it was at when hitting the cruise button. It's just more confortabel to your hand in the close fisted position.

  5. #5
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    here...this should help.....

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Columbus, GA
    Posts
    9
    Ok....got it!!

    I will give this a try. I think I was doing it wrong!!

    Damn....pretty sad when a girl can figure it out and I can't. Maybe my first wife was right......I am a dumb ass!!

  7. #7
    Flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    425
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by duaneherndon View Post
    Ok....got it!!

    I will give this a try. I think I was doing it wrong!!

    Damn....pretty sad when a girl can figure it out and I can't. Maybe my first wife was right......I am a dumb ass!!
    Naw, just a guy really excited about his ski and just wants to ask dumb questions! .....lol.....I'm just kidding!

  8. #8
    ultraman250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    236
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by duaneherndon View Post
    Ok....got it!!

    I will give this a try. I think I was doing it wrong!!

    Damn....pretty sad when a girl can figure it out and I can't. Maybe my first wife was right......I am a dumb ass!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by duaneherndon View Post
    Ok....got it!!

    I will give this a try. I think I was doing it wrong!!

    Damn....pretty sad when a girl can figure it out and I can't. Maybe my first wife was right......I am a dumb ass!!

    Yah, she was right.

  10. #10
    I was hopping that I dont have to hold the trigger in long runs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB FX SHO little grey arrow button for cruise control
    By BPnta in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2016, 10:28 AM
  2. 2009 FX SHO Cruise Button Question
    By AquaFox in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 12:55 PM
  3. WTB 09 FX SHO cruise assist/control button
    By b1er in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 12:28 PM
  4. FS SHO cruise control assembly & speedo sensor assembly
    By 305coco in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 07:55 PM
  5. Question on SHO cruise control question..
    By skeeterzx225 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •