Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pro Runabout 1200 Racer Trace Mills Injured in Tupelo 6-22-08

You can read more form his brother and other statements here http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...08#post1734308

We at R5WaterXRacing on behalf of ALL Region 5 racers are VERY sorry to hear of this tragic news. We were informed of this during our awards ceremony in Stillwater yesterday. I have been in constant contact with Trace's mom and have been recieving updates thru-out this situation since last night around 6:30pm CST.

I have known Trace since he 1st ever started racing and watched him come up thru the ramks and raced with him as well. It will not be the same without next to me in SuperCourse racing the rest of the year and not seeing him at our races screaming around the track. I am just waiting to hear HIS voice on the phone again and tell him how proud we are that he is so strong and such a great young man!

We are having stickers made by performancevinyl.net that will be a racing number plate style with the number 521 and T.MILLS on it.
    If anyone would like a sticker please email us your address and we will send them out to you as soon as we have them in 3-4 days. This way Trace can ride with all of us the rest of the year and complete his season. I will be racing with the sticker till he returns to race whenever that may be!

The stickers will be black and white and will be completely FREE compliments on performancevinyl.net and R5WaterXRacing.

To Trace:
    Trace WE love you dude and you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers and cant wait to see you in person again! Please call me when you have the strength again to talk. I assure you that you will be the WORLD CHAMPION of recovery when you get thru all of this. We are so proud of you in all that you have accomplished thru out your racing career and even currently with the strides you are making in your recovery that began yesterday afternoon. Please be strong and keep your spirits high and remember the WHOLE PWC racing community is behind you and myself and Jennifer personally am hear for you in whatever your or any one of your family members need.
    The Round 6 Liberty By The Lake July 5th race in The Colony will be in honor of you my man and all the racers will be racing thier hearts for you!

Get well soon
    Brian & Jennifer
    R5WaterXRacing

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    all the best for Trace, but i can not belive he was racing "barefood", in all European Races you need to have "hip", "upper and lower Leg protection", there should be a rule for safty equipment in the US !!!!!!!!!

+1
    My best wishes and CAREFUL recovery. Leg injuries are very dangerous. I hope only the best for him.

Barefoot? In a race? Is that allowed... anywhere? Very dangerous if true. I doubt it.

Trace

Get well soon,our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

"The Best Never Rest"
    I really appreciate all the kind words and prayers it's really helped me get through this horrible accident. With out yall these 2 in half weeks would have been really hard. But im doing MUCH better now. They have moved me from the 5th floor down to the rehab section of the hospital. Ive been here for 5 days now. I'm starting to be able to sit up and walk a little bit with a walker aswell as bend my right leg that has the rods through the femur. The Nurse actually just got done taking all of my staples out of my right leg and the cuts are almost healed.

I wound up breaking my back disc number 4 and 5 in my lower back i believe, right femur really close to the joint in my pelvis which now has 2 rods and a pin holding it together, had a nasty cut on my right shin that chipped the bone but not majorly and it got infected with Ecoli and something else and had to have surgery again to get it cleaned out. It looks alot better now almost healed up the skin actually started to grow around the staples before they came out. spranged my right wrist a lil bit and my left ankle. my left ankle has a bit of road rash on the left side.

The Dr. is gonna let me go home on tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Barefoot? In a race? Is that allowed... anywhere?

Yes I was barefoot but this was my first race racing barefoot. my left foot was very swollen from when i dropped a bar on it and i couldnt fit a shoe on my foot. I know of a few riders that race barefoot. and one of them races pro open and is a very good talented rider

Thanks,
    Trace Mills #521

Hey Trace, heal up. We got some go cart riding to do!
    We have to beat Brian one way or another.

I do wish you the best.
    Todd

"The Best Never Rest"
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEALLDAY View Post
    Hey Trace, heal up. We got some go cart riding to do!
    We have to beat Brian one way or another.

I do wish you the best.
    Todd

you are 100% correct can't let brian have all the glory.

I'm slowly getting better. able to walk a little bit faster this week and not like a snail. I started rehab today so we will see how that goes

Im rooting for you Trace but the rummors are that your sueing the promoter and the APBA. Is this true?

Can ya comment on the situation yet?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Im rooting for you Trace but the rummors are that your sueing the promoter and the APBA. Is this true?

Can ya comment on the situation yet?
    yeah i heard the same thing on two different boards..... whats going on with this?

Word is he got his $ from the charatable fund raiser the Promoter put on for him and handed back in return the lawsuit.

From what was deleted over on the other board was this went down at World Finals.

Im still not believing it. Man I really hope this is a total BS story, this kind of situation could really break the crippled sport as it is.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information