Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

08 15f steering problem

our new 15f steering pulls to the right when the bars are pointed straight. I adjusted the linkage at the nozzle and it still pulls right. Any other adjustments I should make.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    There is also another adjustment on the other end of the cable, also check your sponsons, rideplate and intake grate, make sure nothing is loose or hanging down.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    There is also another adjustment on the other end of the cable, also check your sponsons, rideplate and intake grate, make sure nothing is loose or hanging down.....

i actually "thought" i felt this happen the other day..

after thinking about it, i think it was jsut the water i was riding in..

but now u got me thinkin, lol

OK I thought it was just me. Love my new 15F except, mine has a slight pull to the left. I was going to wait untill I bring it in for it's first service visit and have the dealer deal with it.

I had the same issue with my 04' 15F when I first had it ... owner of the dealership lives on my lake and he stopped by personally to adjust the linkage on the nozzle ... guess it had been a few years since he had turned a wrench, since he adjusted it the wrong way, and it obviously became worse ... we eventually cranked the adjustment the other way back and then some ... have 150 hours on it (only visit the lake house once a year) and it drives straight as an arrow now on smooth water ... it's the linkage of the nozzle, just tweak it more.

I'll give it another turn of two and give it a test. it has got better, so I must be going the correct direction. I am extending the length of the mounting to cure the right hand pull.

OK dumb question. How and what does one "tweak" in order to get it running straight. Might try and doing it myself.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    OK dumb question. How and what does one "tweak" in order to get it running straight. Might try and doing it myself.
    the rod that connects to the steering nozzle has a nut on it that you can adjust in or out. it seemed as though my steering needed to be adjusted but water conditions and wind can play a role in how the handle bars may look off.

riverrunner,

on the right side of your nozzle there is a linkage fitting that is connected to the steering rod. You will need 10mm and 8mm open end wrenches. Loosen the 8mm nut on the rod first then remove the 10mm bolt from the nozzle boss. If your bars are pointing left to go straight, extend the fitting from the rod, and go the other way in if your bars are going right to go straight. Hope this helps.

Mine also Pulls to the right, I just finished breaking in mine and now when I go slow or fast it pulls to the right. I checked everything and even put the handle bars straight and looked at the jet end and it was pointing straight. I tryed making an appointment to bring my SKI in but here in NY it seems that everyones JETSKI is broken and they are all backed up. I dont mind it but its just kind of annoying when im going 65 on the water and i have to keep my handle bars pulled to the left.

I guess i have to just wait it out and see what the idiots at the dealership tell me. TOO BAD THERE ARENT ANY GOOD TECHS ON LONG ISLAND THAT ARENT BUSY!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information