reduction nozzle

is this real hard to install and how hard is it to change rings out something i can do at the boat ramp or does it take awile thanks.

+1
    not hard at all. yes you can change at boat ramps with no problem. some change theres in the water. the biggest pain is not to drop the allen set screws as they are very very very small and are impossible to find. I have bought extra set screws and keep in my ring kit with tools need.

Just curious as to why you want to install a reduction nozzle with your current setup. What do you hope to gain with a setup of Stage1 1/2. I allways figured this would be ideal for toys running high 70's low 80's. I was told it wouldn't make any difference with my setup,wish it would as I'd get it tomorrow.

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    not hard at all. yes you can change at boat ramps with no problem. some change theres in the water. the biggest pain is not to drop the allen set screws as they are very very very small and are impossible to find. I have bought extra set screws and keep in my ring kit with tools need.

From what I have heard its real easy on the T-X but not on the P-X to change rings. Is this correct in my assumption.

On the RXP you must remove the steering nozzle in order to install the rings into the reduction nozzle (venturi). It takes all of 10 mins, once you get the hang of it, and have the needed tools handy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Just curious as to why you want to install a reduction nozzle with your current setup. What do you hope to gain with a setup of Stage1 1/2. I allways figured this would be ideal for toys running high 70's low 80's. I was told it wouldn't make any difference with my setup,wish it would as I'd get it tomorrow.
    It might not make as much of a differance down in your neck of the woods being your temps dont fluctuate as much as say up here in the northern part of the country..We can an do ride in temps from 40 to 100 degrees depending on the season so on a stage 1 1/2 boat like my wifes i can put a smaller ring in, in the colder temps and bring her RPMs down without having to pitch the prop..Then in the summer i can put the bigger ring in giving her her RPMs back...All without touching the prop...

Its fairly simple assuming your OPAS is removed. Some remove the reverse I just remove the upper and lower bolts from the steering nozzle then remove the two small screw holding the ring and pop it out. I wouldnt do it on the water.

It's pretty easy. I remove the top bolt on the nozzle and break lose the bottom bolt, un-hook the steering, break loose the 2 allen heads & remove the nozzle. Reverse the order to install. Takes about 10 mins. I may not be hitting the speeds to need this, but I sure like having it.

Thread Information