Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Info needed!!!!!!!!

Hello

I have a 96 sltx 1050 but the hull on it is going to cost $$$$$ to fix. I have a line on a 2002 Virage TX with no motor and I was wondering if an engine swap would be possible. From what I've read the only concern I have is the pump to motor set-up. Anyone tried this and does anyone have any info.
    Thanks

P.S. I know the electricial is different but thats not a concern.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome Zipper to the Hulk. Since they both are Domaistic engines that use the same cases,it should be a breeze. I do not think you '96 has the extended pump,so if the 1200 has one you would just need a extend driveshaft for it.(should be able to find one for about $75.00) and a few changes for the MFD wiring when you use your wiring harness and elect. box.Also you'd have to aline the engine to the pump. Others will fill in more details. How complete is the other ski?

I will take both the motor and jet drive from the sltx and transfer it. The Virage is complete except for drive and motor. The previous owners didn't use it much and it died of water in motor. It was an insurance write off. As for the wiring I will take my unit complete and transfer it over. The only difference is the Virage has servo powered reverse but thats an easy fix.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    If the Virage jet pump and drive shaft are in good condition, then use them with the replacement motor.

Use the newer coupler off the damaged Virage engine, and it should just all fit together.

The SLTX pump will have a different impeller, which may or may not be OK in the Virage hull (peak RPM with the SLTX impeller might be too high, or too low).

You definitely want to end up with the jet pump configured as an extended pump, just like the factory Virage was.

The Virage pump is gone along with the motor. I spoke to Jay at Atlantic and he advised it would be a pretty clean swap. The SLTX was the forunner of the Virage and the hulls are the same. The only thing I was advise to watch was the motor to jet drive alighnment.

+1
    The SLTX and the Virage use the same hull...you should be fine on a swap out.

Smile

This is a great forum. It's nice to have questions answered so fast. I couldn't get a straight answer out of any of the Polaris dealers in my area.
    Thanks

+1
    Private message sent, Was that a Carbbed Virage? If it was I'd be interested in buying the wiring harness and the elect.box out of it for my conversion.
    Last edited by Keddano; 06-24-2008 at 05:21 PM.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    ...I'd be interested in buying the wiring harness and the electrical box out of it...
    Why would he change the wiring harness in the Virage?

Doesn't he just need to drop the SLTX motor into the Virage hull, and wire things back up the way they were with the original Virage motor?

Is the electrical stator in the SLTX different from the Virage? If it is different, he could still move that over from the dead engine, couldn't he?

+1
    I'm guessing the CDI is different which could be changed over. It was if he was changing everything over, I am in need of a Non Injected Virage harness for the MSX Project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information