Thread: ECU upgrade

+1

ECU upgrade

I am having trouble finding a dealer that understands what ?I am trying to do. I have the GTXSC (185) and I want to install the 2005 RXP ECU, knock sensor harness and 58 lb fuel reg. I want to install them myself and take the ski to the dealer to be hooked up to the BUDS system. I have tried: the dealers in Tyler TX, Bossier City LA, Lafayette LA, and Baton Rouge LA. I am in Pineville, LA at 71360 zip code. Anyone know of a dealer that will understand what I am wanting to do. The whole modifying thing blows their minds. --Jeremy

+1
    Morgan City, La

+1
    Thanks, Man. I have a PM into Jerry regarding them. Do you have any experience with them or know someone that does?

Any others?

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I am having trouble finding a dealer that understands what ?I am trying to do. I have the GTXSC (185) and I want to install the 2005 RXP ECU, knock sensor harness and 58 lb fuel reg. I want to install them myself and take the ski to the dealer to be hooked up to the BUDS system. I have tried: the dealers in Tyler TX, Bossier City LA, Lafayette LA, and Baton Rouge LA. I am in Pineville, LA at 71360 zip code. Anyone know of a dealer that will understand what I am wanting to do. The whole modifying thing blows their minds. --Jeremy
    You might try calling PPG (954-929-1636). I'm sure they have done this before and all you would have to do is send you ECU and keys. You would need to specify which options need to be turned on to match your GTX SC that were not turned-on for the RXP. Other than that, I think it's plug & play... Ron

+1
    So I could mail them the ECU and lanyard? Where can I find a list of options/functions for both the 2005 RXP and 2005 GTXSC?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Morgan City, La
    it seems I receive a good number of packages from Morgan City

+1
    Are you all referring to Jerry or the dealership there? Does Jerry have a BUDS system?

I just got off the phone with PPG...They said I need to have the ECU on the ski...take it to a dealer and tell them to program a key. Also tell them to run a self-diagnosis and uncheck the VTS/trim option. That is it. Now, how do I tell a dealer this AND let them be in control? These other dealers I talked to do not want to talk modded skis.

+1
    Got it! I talked to the Service Manager at Broadway Yamaha in Tyler, TX. He understood what I was talking about and siad it would be no problem for me to do installs and use them to program the lanyard/ECU and perform a self diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Got it! I talked to the Service Manager at Broadway Yamaha in Tyler, TX. He understood what I was talking about and siad it would be no problem for me to do installs and use them to program the lanyard/ECU and perform a self diagnosis.
    Glad you found someone close to do the work. For some reason, I thought that everything could be programmed into a standalone ECU. Maybe it was just the keys... Ron

+1
    PPG said part of the programming goes into the ECU and part goes into the MPEM (spelling?)

PS - Tyler, TX is about 4 hours away.

I also got a name of a guy in Chalmette, LA. I am going to try that route first. It is closer and seems like this guy already knows what I am trying to do.

Thread Information