Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Revolution? Soon?

Man... I hate to be doom and gloom all the time, but seriously why do so many people live in their own little world.

Gas has gone up, everyone bitches. People don't realize it hasn't translated into end products yet... gotta fill up the car with gas... took gas to take the gas to the station... your computer is made from petro by-products... Prices of goods today are about to increase drastically. Dow chemicals announced they are going up 45% on their products. Anyone catch that news? They supply alot of people with a bunch of raw chemicals/products to make your widgets.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080624/...ical_prices_10

I try to back my stuff up when I can...

As for me... I'm going to continue to pay all my bills and drink cold beer.

Seriously punch me in the nuts now, I'd love to pay 9 dollars a gallon... get this over with, I can't wait.

Last prediciton I saw was $7 by next summer.

+1
    Woot! Woot! for getting in the dumper... I feel like I should be getting quite a bit more when I fill up my truck.

Like I said, let's get it over with, jump the gas prices up... because they can... yes they have been... There isn't any sense in dragging it out...

Married the love of my Life Mayday 2008 SuperCharged03's Avatar
    I own a printing company, and the end user IS seeing the fuel increases already. We have had a total of 15-23% increase in raw paper and poly materials since March this year. We have no choice other than to pass it on to the end user. I was just told today that I should expect another increase by mid July.... WTF??

You know how gas stations offer "pay at the pump" now? Next, they will have an option that will allow you to "mortage your house at the pump" to pay for a tank of gas.

maybe they should have plasma buyers within the gas stations, could be a good tradeoff.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Just a little FYI. Three years ago I was getting 1.50 for a bushel of corn and about 7.25 for soybeans at harvest. that was with out the LDP to make it 2.00 bucks. Not much better in January of that year either. Now I sold corn for March 09 delivery for 8.05 and January delivery soybeans for 16.73. That all corn goes into... http://www.ontariocorn.org/classroom...t%20use%20Corn
    and all the beans go into
    http://www.soyworld.com/
    Wait till you go to the grocery store next year and look at the price of milk, hamburger, bread, gas, diesel, ect, ect...this economy is going to take a huge chit and its coming...believe me i'm seeing it first hand on my farm

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    just to add to the last post to reiterate my point...this just in from CNN,http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/27/news...ices/index.htm

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    now add in the supreme court ruling on guns yesterday.... fuel to a fire with this economy for a revolution?

Its time we got off of oil, past time, when Carter was Pres, his experts said we would run out of oil in ten years, they had us beleiving that **** for several years, now 26 years later they are finding reserves that will last 100s of years, we need to change our mode of transportation, such as hydrogen, and get away from being controlled by the oil companies, they are fearful of new tech, and back in the early 80's we had all kinds of new techs lining up to take the place of gas and then all of a sudden we had plenty of gas and it became cheap, go figure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information