Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sl750 fuel issues

i have a 93 sl750 it has been one of those give me projects from hell. i got enough money in it i cant give up now. i got it running finally but when i hit the gas it dies. i had to replace the fuel lines in the tank the others look fine. i have pulled the carbs twice and took them apart nothing in the internal filters. the high speed adjusters look alittle funny to me they tapper down and tapper down again like they was over tightenend. i want to fix those and find a cheap rebuild kits for my mikuni carbs but the cheapest one i found was $30. if anything anyone know where i can get some cheap diaphragms? the rest of the gaskets look good. I also attached a pic of what my high speed adjuster looks simular too sorry about my drawin skills!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adjuster.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	79621  

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Contact Randy at Watcon.com. He'll sell you individual carb parts like diaphragms and needles.

And replace ALL your fuel lines. I don't care how they look. Internally, they may be breaking down. Also inspect the fuel shut off valve.

i am having the same issue....i would call randy for sure. I ordered diaphrams from him this mornin. Great guy to deal with.

+1
    Those adjusters are junk, replace them for sure.
    Being a 93 I'd definately change all the fuel line and fuel selector (common fialure item).
    Make sure the autocock has been removed in the photo below. If it's installed let us know and we'll tell you how to by-pass it.
    I'd also be changing that fuel pump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuel.gif 
Views:	61 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	79634  

yeah auto shutoff is on there how would by-pass it?

+1
    If you're going to up-grade the pump just use this schematic.

thats simple but whats with the restrictor in the return fuel line and how much that cost? I know mine dont have one im already up to $100 for the carbs with just diaphragms and adjustors with shipping and handling.

you cant see the restrictor. It should be about an inch from the return side of the carb, inside the line. Should be a zip tie holding it in place.

whoops. How do you by pass the Auto cock. What is the purpose of this thing. Mine have it also

i had to completely take my jet ski a part cause it was seized up and had water in the block and had bad gas in the fuel tank so i took it out and cleaned it i went over all the lines when it was out and i did not see a restrictor in return anywhere. so thats probably another problem i have i dont have one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information