Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1

ok guys,787 start-up

ok, here it is, 787 number #1 smoked, 787 #2 1 hour tops, smoked. 787 #3 doing myself .50 over, raves shaved ect. Since the second build had shavings off of the MAG side piston i am cleaning the block and rotary valve so no shavings will smoke my new build. The new build has Pro X Pistons, 6 hole base gasket(not sure what that makes my squish), 46mm Buckshots,Tau Ceti F/A's, Buckshot racing head with 43mm domes, FP II pipe w/ ECWI, R&D intake grate, Solas XO prop and R&D80/85 exit nozzle.
    Proper break-in notes will be apprecieated.
    I also need info on installing the pistons, about the rings specifically. I assume they are not supposed to line-up?
    I also want to Pre-mix the first tank just to make sure I dont smoke the new motor, what would be a good ratio?
    If i am missing anything please let me know...I am desperate. i just want to ride just once this year.
    I think that I was told to run race gas with this set up...or would I be good with premium pump gas?
    Thanks all
    Last edited by airbornexp; 06-25-2008 at 06:02 AM.

I'm not overly familiar with the break-in of modded skis but if they're anything like stock, run 3 tanks of premix on top of the injection at 40:1. I have used that ratio on many injection two strokers be it either atv or ski and never had a blow up. Piston ring ends I would set to opposite sides of the pistons for the max sealing. Usually the pistons have ring pins built in so they can't align but if not, opposites work well. If you're boosting your compression, def. go with the highest octane fuel you can get if using pump gas. But again, I'm not sure about modded skis so additional input is needed on that. Hope this is a helping start, sounds like a good project too.

Stop Obama Express
    I got this website from 96XPSS and they are GREAT people to deal with. Order three bottles of this **** and follow the directions on the back of the bottle. You dont need this 3 full tanks of gas ****. Just 3 gallons with three bottles and run it on the hose for the majority of the break-in.

http://www.tayomotors.com/servlet/Detail?no=17

I'm not knocking anyone's ideas dude...I'm offering suggestion for what I have done in the past and personally...I like getting the ride time in with the 3 tank rule of thumb

+1
    Rings can only go on one way.

Stop Obama Express
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    I'm not knocking anyone's ideas dude...I'm offering suggestion for what I have done in the past and personally...I like getting the ride time in with the 3 tank rule of thumb
    Ive read the three tank rule in a few places and just thought it would be ridiculous to go through all that time, money, and fuel to just "properly" break in a 2 stroke engine. Now that i've talked to the guys at tayomotorsports, they break in all their 2 stroke engines using this oil and only 3 gallons of fuel. Everyone has their opinion.

+1
    All my motors get a 10 minute break in,then drive it like you stole it.

If the clearances are setup properly,thats all you need.

+1
    Dan, I cant remember what gas you had put in my ski. I thought that you put turbo blue or something similar in but I cant remember...what octane would you recommend anyway?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Dan, I cant remember what gas you had put in my ski. I thought that you put turbo blue or something similar in but I cant remember...what octane would you recommend anyway?
    You still gonna try those buckshots ?? What jets are you gonna use & have you changed the intake manifold ???

I only use 110 Sunoco leaded fuel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by water worx View Post
    You still gonna try those buckshots ?? What jets are you gonna use & have you changed the intake manifold ???

I only use 110 Sunoco leaded fuel.
    Yea, still gonna try them. got the intake on the other day and its all hooked up. The jetting is still the same as last time you saw it.
    I'll check with my fuel guy and see if he has that available...whats that cost a gallon or do i even want to know?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information