Question What am I Getting?

So my parents bought a ski a few years ago, and it doesnt get much use. Theyve told me that if I come get it I can have it ( I live in Florida they live in Michigan). Ive rode it some but never really took a vested interest in it. So Im not real clear on what im getting. Spoke to my dad yesterday, and he told me its a 2004 RX. After searching Im not getting any results. Is this even a real model or is he giving me wrong info? If it is correct, what the hell am I getting? I know its a 2-stroke, but what size is the engine? any known problems? where should I start to add speed? any answers the brain trust can give me would be much appreciated

You are getting a 2004 Seadoo RX. Try searching on that.

I did that smart guy, and didnt find anything helpful. thats the reason for the questions, I know there are many many people here with vast knowledge of a lot of skis, thought i could at least find out some basic info. But Youve been a ton of help thanks

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    In 2004 all the two strokes were DI's. This will make an excellent ski for you. It has a 951cc direct injected (hence DI) from Orbital, Rotax engine. Not many mods available, only one from PPG, and there's a 50% chance it won't be done right. Best to enjoy as-is.

Sorry, did not mean it to be sarcastic, you did not mention seadoo and your post seemed like you did not know what kind of boat it was so I thought that is what you needed to know to start your research. (re-read your post before you try and start something....... Also I found quite a bit of info after doing a search on Seadoo RX.
    I have more time now to type. It is a DI which means basically no carbs, fuel injected. Pretty good on gas, not four stroke good but much better than carbs. Fun boat to ride but I am sure since you have ridden it you know that. Pretty tossable, but not like the X-4 hull. The 951cc engine has had it's problems but like anything else, do the maintenance and it will last longer.
    Like 96XPSS said, leave it alone and it will be good to you. Of course you can true the hull and seal up the sponsons and ride plate with right stuff and maybe gain 1/4 mph. Also a pump wedge for 155mm pump might gain you 1 mph. All in all, just enjoy the free boat and as my wife says, don't goober it up.

thanks for the help guys. It looks like it must be a 2003 because the link above states that was the last year for the RX. Not having many mods available will save me money I guess which is a good thing. Ill just have to learn what it takes to keep it running at its best as is. Its been sitting for about a year so Im sure there will be some maintainance right off the bat

Go get that ski bro! Fun ski for sure. I have one pushing 400 hours.

They are NOT mod friendly but it can be done. PPG's L1 DI setup is the best bang for the dollar.

Best free thing you can do off the bat is to pull the shims from the back of the ride plate between the plate and hull. Fill the plate holes and roll. Good for a couple mph. Wedge didn't do squat for me Suckers are great on fuel!!

RCS is right though Dont goober it up LOL!

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    BTW...if you decide on the way back you don't want it...I'm only 4 miles off I-75 in middle GA. I'd comp your gas money and time...at least!

Thread Information