Thread: Sunday 06/25

Sunday 06/25

I figured I would start a new thread to seperate things :

Who is in for a decent all day ride for this Sunday? As of now there are three of us.
    The earlier the better, 6:30am-9am at the latest- majority decides.
    Meet by BI Bouy or ramp out of Waretown from private ramp. Its free and I'll give more info if you need it.
    The ramp puts us on the water directly across from the light house.
    Tide permitting, I would like to start with an intercoastal speed run down to my newest favorite spot which is a marsh track which connects the Egg Harbor Bay to the Great Bay. Not many people know about it. Its about 10 feet wide and at high tide is 10 feet deep. Alot of crazy S turns back to back and it lasts 10 minutes to get through it. Meet up at other side and take it back up.
    Next go for speed run back north towards Barnegat Inlet and get out in the waves.
    Head in and check Tices.
    Next run up to FCove and meet up with some other skis. Hang out for awhile and then head south to see who is at Tices and then hit out the inlet again.

There will be no chase or safety boats.
    Aggresive ride so not the best for inexperienced or 2ups.
    We will decide at start who is the Gas Hog and we will hit gas docks everytime the gas hog ski hits half tank.
    Start with full tank and bring $100 or cc for fuel ups.
    We can pack food or go out to eat.
    Reply to this thread if your interested.

Theres another group of riders heading out the inlet early and then trailering up to FCove. See F Cove thread for details.

+1
    If i can make it, im there. However im interested in the "marsh track which connects the Egg Harbor Bay to the Great Bay. Not many people know about it. Its about 10 feet wide and at high tide is 10 feet deep" I grew up in the area, but im not sure where your talkin about.

Coming from the Egg Harbor heading south towards Mystic Island's Great Bay Blvd. Theres a small bridge heading straight out to the end where fisherman drive to access the bay fishing by land. Coming from the north heading south if you go under that small bridge you will notice there are lagoons and houses down the main lagoon which would be on your right.
    Instead of going down that main lagoon look left and take that marsh opening. It seems narrrow but widens and narrows through its path.
    At the other end of that winding marsh canal is Great Bay. There is a marina (gas dock) about a football field south west.
    Im not sure if Great Bay Blvd is in Mystic Island, Little Egg, or Tuckerton. Look at it from a chart and you can see the bridge and main lagoon but not the marsh path.
    Last edited by BAR BAY H.O.; 06-26-2008 at 10:00 AM.

It's Sunday the 29th
    Weather is not looking good for Sunday afternoon.
    We're looking to be in the water by 6:45 am. and will hopefully get down to Cape May as long as the weather and tides dont hold us back.
    Last edited by BAR BAY H.O.; 06-27-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Thread Information