Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

quick battery charging question

Just wondering if i can charge my battery on trickle while its still hooked up to the ski??

IF so, is there any special way to hook it up or do i just hook it up like normal with the positive and negative.

going out for a ride tomorrow and havent been on the ski for like 2 weeks so just want to make sure the battery will be good to go tomorrow

thanks

yeah it will be fine, I do it all the time ( Im sure im gunna be told otherwise from others) but I've even run a 6amp 1 hour quickcharge on it while still plugged in with no ill effects.....

Personally tho if you want to keep the battery stabalized Invest in a Battery tender you can wire it perminantly to the battery and when you store it just plug it into the wall and plug the feeds into the harness ... the battery tender can be left plugged into it 24/7 and it keeps it topped up and conditioned

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    yeah it will be fine, I do it all the time ( Im sure im gunna be told otherwise from others) but I've even run a 6amp 1 hour quickcharge on it while still plugged in with no ill effects.....

Personally tho if you want to keep the battery stabalized Invest in a Battery tender you can wire it perminantly to the battery and when you store it just plug it into the wall and plug the feeds into the harness ... the battery tender can be left plugged into it 24/7 and it keeps it topped up and conditioned

ok ya thats what i thought but jsut wanted to ask before i did it...

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post

once more anyone else have any other suggesitons

+1
    In the summer I leave all four of my skies hooked up to a battery minder. I have not had a battery problem in a long time.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by paramuir View Post
    once more anyone else have any other suggestions
    I use the VDC Electronics brand battery maintainer, but there are others, including the Battery Tender brand.

Adding a quick disconnect connector to your electrical system, so you can easily connect the battery maintainer, makes it easier to use.

Just be sure that when disconnected, the loose end of the connector is not a shorting hazard. You don't want to loose power on the water because of a connector flopping around in the hull.

I have my quick connector ends soldered to eyelets with heatshrink then I have it run in a loom with the ground cable going from the battery to the electrical box where I made a custom bracket to fit one of the external case bolts I also have a custom made end where I have a dummy end and one end attached to the Battery tender, I Epoxy sealed the ends where they go into the connector so when I take it out (have it disconnected from the battery tender) I use the dummy end which is also epoxy sealed on the end with Diletic grease injected into the sleeves where the pins are inserted to keep the moisture/water from contaminating/corroding the pins

+1
    Superb.

My charging port.

O.o is that what I think it is or am I just that blind is that an inverted Power outlet ( lighter style) or is it a capped molex connector style ???

+1
    Lockable cigarette socket with the other end on my charger, plug her in and she charges away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information