Question RIVA free-flow for RXP-X

I wrote the following post in a thread in Sea-Doo general discussion and nobody answered. I hope to have better luck here. Thanks in advance.

Well, I still don't know if removing the throttle body will do the trick on the P-X, as it does on the T-X. Also I saw on the free-flow instructions that we need a 'VTS Tool'. Is this essential for this install? I might tear into this install tonight so I want to make sure I can do it without this tool. I don't have a sawzall, and I'm riding on saturday so I hope to have it together by friday. My install list will be: RIVA grate, RIVA front intake and RIVA free-flow. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

JulianC.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Julian... the resonator can be removed from an RXP if you remove the four bolts that hold the TB and lay the TB back on the manifold. It takes some twisting, turning, and pulling... but it will come out

Edit: BTW, I am making an assumption that the resonator in the RXP is the same as the RXP-X.
    Last edited by 05Limited; 06-25-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Thumbs up

Well,,,, got it out yesterday... Man that shEt is hard. Had to cut it up, since I could never even get it close to the throttle body. Also, installing RIVA's front intake is no walk in the park either. Getting the front intake off of the gas tank was a pain... Well, finally got both of those done,,, and next will be installing the intake grate. Hopefully there'll be no surprises there. I attached a picture of how it came out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resonator.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	79851  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JulianC View Post
    Well,,,, got it out yesterday... Man that shEt is hard. Had to cut it up, since I could never even get it close to the throttle body. Also, installing RIVA's front intake is no walk in the park either. Getting the front intake off of the gas tank was a pain... Well, finally got both of those done,,, and next will be installing the intake grate. Hopefully there'll be no surprises there. I attached a picture of how it came out.

Make sure you vacumn out all the plastic, that **** gets everywhere (when you use a sawzall). lol

Well I used a dremell, but that plastic got everywhere!! Y vaccumed it all as best I could. I hope I got most of it... Can't wait to test the ski this saturday! Hope it sounds meaner in the water...

Regards,
    JulianC

Do you guys notices any performance or speed gains with the free flow??

Thread Information