95 SL750 wont idle

So i have had this problem for about a year now and i cant seem to find out the solution. My sl750 wont idle. I have rebuilt the carbs and set to factory setting. I have replaced the stator and spark plugs. I have changed out the fuel lines and i cant figure out why it dies under 3000 rpms. I do know the guy i bought it from had put in another fuel pump and had different jets in it, but not sure of the size. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what to check next. Also when i stay on the throttle and let it run i checked the spark plugs afterward and the are black and wet. Does this mean it is running to rich. I have the carb at factory settings but i was thinking with the jetting that it could be taking on to much gas and not leaving room for combustion in the engine and it would cause it to die. Let me know if you know anything

its probably the jets....................you know if you were to read piston wash on each piston that will definitely let you know how rich it is running and if the jets were the corporate.

so try a set of factory jets than

yes, i would put back in the stock factory jets for them carbs to that pwc.

the motor is stock right?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    It's possible the needle and seats are worn and leaking, the wrong size (too big), or maybe the pop off springs are worn or too light.

I replaced the popoff springs with no luck and i used the 80 gram factory springs. I am going to order the jetting for it should a use the factory 75p and 90m or should i go something different

i dont know what the pop off pressure should be on your boat but it should be set at its correct tolerance......................

yup put in stock jets................that's probably the problem right there.......the ones in there are probably too big.........too much fuel.............................

so i put the factory jets in and still it wont idle less than around 2800 rpms and this is hooked up to hose. I am running out of ideas on what it could be.

+1
    Mine idles at 2900 out of the water. 1250 in the lake. The pump drag will tell you wherre you stand

Thread Information