Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Performance helpppp

I have an 07 ultra 250x with a riva ride plate, 2 degree wedge, bypass valve upgrade, blowoff valve blocked off, Riva Pro-series intake and secondary waterbox removed also a freshly cleaned intercooler, new spark plugs and I just checked my belt and its tightened perfectly according to the gage. My boost reads at 10psi and my rpms are 7550 avg in 85 degree heat and 65% humidity. I think my rpms are down a bit I was thinking they should be 7800 at least and my boost should be 11 right?? Does anybody have suggestions

What was your speed(gps)?

Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    What was your speed(gps)?
    65.9 with full tank, Ive had 67 bone stock before though

+1
    As I have learned too many times, make sure all hoses are connected and clamped down properly. Also, what was the air temp and water temp when your higher speed compared to what you are running now. Have you sucked anything up into the pump? My ski lost 3 mph and 150-200 rpm's in the heat and humidity. I have the R&D intercooler upgrade but don't have enough test time to tell you if it cures this problem. Do you ride in salt with lots of sand? Sand can scratch your pump up pretty good if you get enough of it. If you do have pump and impeller damage, talk to Dave at Impros. He works magic on these things. He fixed me up good after I sucked a fishing lure into the pump. Next, make sure that you Have the ride plate properly installed. I only gained .5 mph with the plate while others have gained more. Is your plate sticking out from the bottom of the hull thus causing more drag, is it flush with the bottom, or is it above the hull? Check some of these things and let us know what you see.

Yes heat is a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    As I have learned too many times, make sure all hoses are connected and clamped down properly. Also, what was the air temp and water temp when your higher speed compared to what you are running now. Have you sucked anything up into the pump? My ski lost 3 mph and 150-200 rpm's in the heat and humidity. I have the R&D intercooler upgrade but don't have enough test time to tell you if it cures this problem. Do you ride in salt with lots of sand? Sand can scratch your pump up pretty good if you get enough of it. If you do have pump and impeller damage, talk to Dave at Impros. He works magic on these things. He fixed me up good after I sucked a fishing lure into the pump. Next, make sure that you Have the ride plate properly installed. I only gained .5 mph with the plate while others have gained more. Is your plate sticking out from the bottom of the hull thus causing more drag, is it flush with the bottom, or is it above the hull? Check some of these things and let us know what you see.
    Well I have checked all the clamps and I ride in freshwater, I really doubt its the pump. I hear where everybody says get the plate flush with the hull or below flush I have taken it off numerous times and absolutley cannot get it flush or below the hull on the leading edge everywhere else is flush. the leading edge is about 1/16" above the hull

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithThompson149 View Post
    the leading edge is about 1/16" above the hull
    Do you mean it is sticking in the water a 1/16th lower than the hull is? If so that is a big problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithThompson149 View Post
    Well I have checked all the clamps and I ride in freshwater, I really doubt its the pump. I hear where everybody says get the plate flush with the hull or below flush I have taken it off numerous times and absolutley cannot get it flush or below the hull on the leading edge everywhere else is flush. the leading edge is about 1/16" above the hull
    Is it riva?

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Do you mean it is sticking in the water a 1/16th lower than the hull is? If so that is a big problem.
    Yes I do, I can not get it flush on the front edge

Quote Originally Posted by JWilson View Post
    Is it riva?
    Yep and I have a 2 degree wedge some people say its not a good combo what do you think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information