FYI 3" T bolt Clamps not right size

Well I was glad when I opened the mail box today, but that lasted till I got back to the ski and checked out the size. I dont have my charger back yet but on the intake hose which is the biger one I can close the clamp down all the way and it doesnt really even crowd the hose.
    So whoever told me 3". You might want to suggest something smaller next time. My fault I should have went and measured.
    I guess 3" means 3" fully closed (at siliconintakes.com at least)
    Does anyone need some 3"?
    Later
    Joe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GYTWYPT View Post
    Well I was glad when I opened the mail box today, but that lasted till I got back to the ski and checked out the size. I dont have my charger back yet but on the intake hose which is the biger one I can close the clamp down all the way and it doesnt really even crowd the hose.
    So whoever told me 3". You might want to suggest something smaller next time. My fault I should have went and measured.
    Later
    Joe
    Sorry that the clamps did not work GYTWYPT. I think i was a culprit to tell you 3 inch. I guess the stock hose needs 2.5 or 2.75. 3 inch is what works with after market ic. Maybe once you put the hose on the SC and TB it will be tight and stretched out so clamp is tight.
    If you ordered them and can not return then let me know how many you got and i gladly buy them from you and will pay shiping and cost.
    Thanks steven
    Last edited by skoepp; 06-25-2008 at 08:55 PM.

Later
    Joe
    If I am not mistaken the SC is and throttle body is 3 inches and the IC is 2.75 inches. Or vise versa.
    but 2 need two of each.

+1
    I corrected my original post when I realized you were talking about the outlet on the S/C and the TB inlet instead of the s/c inlet. I believe I said this in the other thread, and will confirm here, 2.5" is what I use on the s/c outlet and TB inlet. I use 3" on the s/c inlet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I corrected my original post when I realized you were talking about the outlet on the S/C and the TB inlet instead of the s/c inlet. I believe I said this in the other thread, and will confirm here, 2.5" is what I use on the s/c outlet and TB inlet. I use 3" on the s/c inlet.
    Yes, James you did correct yourself in the thread and i saw it and was hoping he hadnt ordered the clamps. My BAD

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Sorry that the clamps did not work GYTWYPT. I think i was a culprit to tell you 3 inch. I guess the stock hose needs 2.5 or 2.75. 3 inch is what works with after market ic. Maybe once you put the hose on the SC and TB it will be tight and stretched out so clamp is tight.
    If you ordered them and can not return then let me know how many you got and i gladly buy them from you and will pay shiping and cost.
    Thanks steven
    Thanks for the offer bro, but there is no way I would do that. I appreciate all your help, and advice. I think once I get the hose stretched over the S/C It might tighten down enough. I did try to get some 2.5 for the smaller hose but they where out of stock. Might see if they have some 2.75 might still be time to get them here by next wed.
    Or wait I went ahead and ordered a gross of them with shipping and all it was$$$$$.........Just kinding.
    I only ordered 4 if the t clamps will tighten down enough on the S/C inlet hose I will use the stock worm drive from that hose on the s/c outlet TB hose. and worry about getting the right size latter.
    They are some nice clamps

Thanks guys.

+1
    Thanks for the offer bro, but there is no way I would do that. I appreciate all your help, and advice. I think once I get the hose stretched over the S/C It might tighten down enough. I did try to get some 2.5 for the smaller hose but they where out of stock. Might see if they have some 2.75 might still be time to get them here by next wed.
    Or wait I went ahead and ordered a gross of them with shipping and all it was$$$$$.........Just kinding.
    I only ordered 4 if the t clamps will tighten down enough on the S/C inlet hose I will use the stock worm drive from that hose on the s/c outlet TB hose. and worry about getting the right size latter.
    They are some nice clamps

Thanks guys.
    I buy all mine from a industrial hose supplier. They mostly deal in wholsale but you might try a place like that if you got one close.

One time I used the stock hose that goes from SC to TB but used it on the intake end of super charger with 3 inch clamp and worked fine, so that was why i thought it would work. Dont ask why was running that hose on intake side of SC.

Well I just order 4 2.75 I would have got a couple 2.5 but the where still out of stock. Oh well maybe I will have a good collection by the time I get My XS I/C. When ever that might be. Come on economic stimulas checks.

Thanks again guys.

+1
    The only extra size clamps I have are the 2.75" You should've asked and I would've sent them out tomorrow when the pick-up guy comes!

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The only extra size clamps I have are the 2.75" You should've asked and I would've sent them out tomorrow when the pick-up guy comes!
    Damn it I just cant when these last 2 or 3 days.
    Or wait I did get a damn good deal On some OPAS B/O's didnt I.

Thread Information