Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Engine Swap??

Question Engine Swap??

Okay,

I have bugged you all year about modding my ski or going rxt, or rxt-x... Well i was going to buy new but i ran into a few problems... 1st they only want to give my 4300 for a 2005 gtx sc with 40hrs, 2nd i have ran into a money pit(my car)... Was wondering if anyone has put a rxt engine in a gtx sc??? How costly could this get and i just want the 215 motor.. And ill be happy... Well for a while...Would i need to buy a rxt ecu, engine, and what else? How much do you think labor would be?

Thanks, Dylan

Would i need an intercooler to run a stage 1, and a greenwheel??

Thanks, Dylan

+1
    Let's see...

Engine $3,400 (in classifieds right now), ECU (knock sensor?) $180 used (what i paid), driveshaft $125 used (I paid $100), impeller $200 used (I paid $180 for a 14/19r), wear ring (SS $190 new), IC (~$425 JFizzle)

~$4,620

You may just consider upgrading to the forged pistons and 215 SC gear. Once you do that, you would have the 215 HP engine, but you would also have to upgrade the impeller, driveshaft, wear ring, ECU and maybe the knock sensor harness. Then you would have to pay a dealer to hook the ski to BUDS to program the 215 ECU (also run a self-diagnosis, and remove the VTS/trim option if the ECU is from a RXP)

Try selling the ski yourself, and see what you can get for it. Or, start moddifying the GTXSC with mods that would also go into the 215 skis. Example: buy a used impeller (when you upgrade ski, you can probably sell it for what you paid). Buy the XS IC from JFizzle (It will transfer to the 215s too. Greenwheel impeller for the SC (again, it will go into the 215s). 2 or 2.5 degree wedge (could either sell or install onto a RXT). 4" intake (about $120 - also transferable). Buy the OPAS Block-Offs kit (your choice, either the $100 kit, or the better $300 kit - it is transferrable. You need to fill the rideplate and intake grate holes. If you do not want to grind down the intake grate to the rideplate, use some permatex right stuff and at least fill in the gap.

It sounds like you are in the same boat I am. I have the 185 and want the 215, but I am not ready to pay for it. I am content with the 185, but obviously the 215 is a better base to start modding. We have to spend so much money to upgrade our engine and pump components to just sit with the 215s. We are better off selling and buying the 215. Doing this requires the money up front. Doing the mods one at a time, allows me to learn a lot in what the different mods can do. I have read a lot on the 215s, so when I do make the leap, I will already be ready. I will have a lot of the mods that will swap to a RXT (impeller, greenwheel, wedge, grate, 4" intake, block-offs and IC when I get it). If I decide to go woth the RXP, Some of my mods will transfer (Greenwheel, 4" intake, ss wear ring, block-offs and IC when I get it), but others I will sell, and use the profit to buy the mod that does fit.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Easiest course would be for you to sell yours to an individual for the same the dealer was offering. $4300 is a good number for your ski. Find a low hour RXT (05 or 06) for around $6000. Way easier and cheaper than coverting your ski to 215hp.

Where can i get a ss ring, the 4'' intake is that custom or the kit for the rxp?? What is a xs intercooler? and yes i hae the exact ski you have... I just want to go faster... Oh what are ride plate holes and how do i fill them or whatever?? What will it do??

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Easiest course would be for you to sell yours to an individual for the same the dealer was offering. $4300 is a good number for your ski. Find a low hour RXT (05 or 06) for around $6000. Way easier and cheaper than coverting your ski to 215hp.
    This is extremely sound advice!!!!!! Nuff said.

Cheers

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Demon View Post
    Where can i get a ss ring, the 4'' intake is that custom or the kit for the rxp?? What is a xs intercooler? and yes i hae the exact ski you have... I just want to go faster... Oh what are ride plate holes and how do i fill them or whatever?? What will it do??
    The SS wear ring is 159-mm so you would have to do some changes to your pump and drive shaft to go with the larger impeller, but you might not have the power to turn the larger impeller. Filling the rideplate holes is one of the "free mods", just like trimming the reverse bucket and pulling the spark arrester from the intake manifold. All the free mods are well documented, just ust the search function to find them. An XS intercooler is an external intercooler, as opposed to the internal IC (inside the intake manifold). JFizzleJr sells an XS IC kit. That would probably be the biggest increase in performance you could do. And it could be moved to a 215-hp ski down the road... Ron

+1
    Man, you will end up paying more to mod the 185 in the long run. However, if you do the mods slowly, you do not have to come up with the difference between the new 215. For example: You can drop a hundred here, couple hundred there to mod the 185 versus dropping a couple thousand now for the 215. My pockets are not that deep, so I opted to mod the 185, and I am content...for now.

Look at parking that 185 out by the road, or in a parking lot with high traffic, and try to sell that thing for a little more. You should be able to get $5,000 anyways from someone passing by. That would put you that much closer to a used (or new) 215.

If you really want to mod the 185, we don't mind helping. Let us know what you want to do.

I found a new 2006 rxt... Its the viper red color, and they are in need of used seadoo so they mite give me a good deal on a trade in... The ski with a cover is 10,169.00 is that a good price?

Thank you all for advice..

Thanks, Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Demon View Post
    I found a new 2006 rxt... Its the viper red color, and they are in need of used seadoo so they mite give me a good deal on a trade in... The ski with a cover is 10,169.00 is that a good price?

Thank you all for advice..

Thanks, Dylan
    no thats not a good deal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information