Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seperate water line for IC

I remember there was a seperate post but can't find it but the more I think about it, it seems the IC might benefit with more water flow.

So would it be running a line from the opas connection from the pump and connecting to a thru hull which would to go the IC then the IC would connect out to a pisser.

or would you get more water using a T off the water strainer connection before the washer.

or could you remove the washer and just have the water go out a pisser instead of going to the exhaust. or if it needs to go to the exhaust to make a t for it that would direct some water to the pisser and some to the exhaust. Some type of water regulator.

Does anyone think this is too much work for not enough gain ?
    I think rapid is doing it.

+1
    Boom!

The stock water delivery system is more than adequate. If you try to pump more water thru the intercooler you run a very high risk of rupturing the intercooler. What happens then is you hydrolock your engine at high RPM. Kiss it goodbye as it is trashed.

It's ironic this comes up. I just hung up the phone with a guy in Sweden who drilled out his water restrictor from the stock 8mm to 12 mm. His waterbox exploded and filled his ski with water.

The best advice i can give you is leave well enough alone.
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 07-07-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk

topic is dropped from my head

Kinch: I`m also working on a restricted dedicated line from the opas port/bulkhead fitting/IC/pisser. You would need volume, not pressure so using 3/4 line might not be totally necc.
    I`ll clue you in when I have the time to accumulate all the parts need to do the job correctly, it isn`t cheap.
    anodized fitting, stainless fittings, stainless braded line etc. and calibrated volume so there shouldn`t be any rupture, and it depends on the brand of IC you intend on using.

I`m pretty sure someone here already tested the water pressure to be around 35 psi, now we just have to do the math!...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Boom!

The stock water delivery system is more than adequate. If you try to pump more water thru the intercooler you run a very high risk of rupturing the intercooler. What happens then is you hydrolock your engine at high RPM. Kiss it goodbye as it is trashed.

It's ironic this comes up. I just hung up the phone with a guy in Sweden who drilled out his water restrictor from the stock 8mm to 12 mm. His waterbox exploded and filled his ski with water.

jerry... did this guy have a stock, modded, or rotax racing waterbox....

another waterbox went BOOM today as i'm sure u heard or will hear... but i think i know the culprit, but it goes agaisnt the success u've been having with it, lol.... weird

+1
    It was a Rotax Racing waterbox. What did you hear?

The only way to benefit would be using an unrestricted water line with the 35lb pressure or less. Then you have your volume.

The trick would be having the inline pressure gauge.

+1
    I think this is different from this topic, but still involving the stock intercooler. I have a seperate line going from the stock intercooler out to the side of the hull. Mitch did it for me. He said it would get rid of the hotter water quicker and promote more flow. I've been running that along with stock class ecu, thermo, 14/17 solas, riva air filter, along with the handling goodies. Today over at the Lake Anna race site along the shore line I ran the best of 70.9 the temps on my gauage sayin 86 and 82. I'll make sure to get a few pics of it tomorrow. I would tonight but my ski is at the race site currently. I'm not sure if it has help much or any but it sure does look cool

makes since. So you don't need the water going from the IC to the exhaust manifold ? I would think it would need some cooling ?

That theory could be proved easy enough with a flow meter I would think
    http://www.omega.com/pptst/FL500.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    The only way to benefit would be using an unrestricted water line with the 35lb pressure or less. Then you have your volume.

The trick would be having the inline pressure gauge.
    Kinch: I plan on that very same thing. I plan on getting an alum block manifold for the pressure gauge inline before the IC, I`m also investigating a gano filter, if one is avail in that size...
    I`ll let ya know what parts I have choisen once I get underway with the project, won`t be for another week or so, need to be up and running for the 15th for our local ride, then I can lay up the ski for the custom work! ...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information