Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking at buying a 2004 rxp no key...

I am looking at buying a 2004 rxp, but the owner says the key is at his house at the river. I want to know how many hours are on this ski, should you be able to push the start button without the key, and cycle through mode, etc. to get to the hours to see how many hours it has, or do you have to have the key to do anything? Also, what are the differences between the 2004/2005/2006 rxp's? Supercharger differences? ECM differences? Thanks!

+1
    You need a key for that info.
    The s/c was the same in all years except for the durability of the shaft and washers. The '06 being the best out of the years, but either way you'll want to upgrade to the metal washers.
    The ECM is "the same" but the '06 won't work on 04-05. 04-05 are interchangable.

awesome, this is the info I was looking for, on my 1999 gsx limited I can see this stuff withhout the key, so I was just wondering if I could do it on the rxp also. Thanks again!

btw, if for some reason he can't find the key, what does it cost to reprogram the key, and does the engine have to run for this, or only the electrical system hooked up?

+1
    If I was you. I would make sure the local dealer had a key in stock to sell. Have the seller meet you at the dealer with the ski, have him purchase the key and have it programed. Have the dealer run the ID and see if any warranty work or services have been performed. Then go from there.

OBJ

+1
    The dealer plugs in the ski to BUDS and can program you a key. I believe the key is about $15 and the labor could range anywhere from free to $45 depending on how big of an a$$hole the dealership is. The engine does not have to run for this.

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...ist%20Lanyards

These are the lanyards I use. My dealer will program them for 5 bucks each. (It takes like 18 seconds) You have to have your ski with you though. The lanyards have a resistor and the ski must be taught to accept it, not the other way around.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    u can put ANY key on there and the guauges will light so u can read the hours... it just wont start

a new key FROM SEADOO is $52.50 retail plus whatever fee the dealer charges for computer time to program a key... this can greatly vary...

so techinically, I could jump the dess post, to get it to read the hours, or does it have to be of some resistance?

+1
    Umm. Your not thinking of buying that ski just based on hours and not hearing it run are you

OBJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information