Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cruising gas can's

Anyone have pictures of there hook ups ?
    Seems 2, 5 gallon gas can's seem to be the norm.
    Strapped together and then a ratched tie connected to the ski eye and then a ratched tie connected to the transom eyes.

I've been trying to find the C clips that connect to the bumper rails but can't seem to find.

The alaska picture had pics of gas can's. Shibby went on a cruise with someone that had gas cans but he did his own custom welding for the base.

http://offshoreextreme.fotopic.net/
    This website from Rocket shows quite a few gas can rigs.

I saw this but not sure if it would work
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=30561
    Last edited by Kinchyle; 07-07-2006 at 05:26 PM.

Hmm... Not sure if i would trust that. I wouldnt want to drill holes into my PWC just for gas cans. I use the 2-5gallon tank method. Never had a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGee
    Hmm... Not sure if i would trust that. I wouldnt want to drill holes into my PWC just for gas cans. I use the 2-5gallon tank method. Never had a problem with it.
    How do you hook on the 5 gallon tanks ?

Same as you stated. I have rubber pieces glued on the bottom of the gas cans (for extra grip). I put a strap around both of the gas cans.(a must they move if you dont). Then i use one strap to put through the handles of the gas cans and to the eyes on the back of the PWC. Then another strap through the handles again and to the tow hook of the PWC.
    Keep it snug and you wont have a problem.

In those links you posted, thats exactly what i do. Works great. Just alot of straps thats all!

+1
    kinch

What are you planning I might want in I love long rides

I want to cruise from the cumberland (cleece ferry) to old hickory lake and go through the dam lock
    It's 50-60 miles to the dam lock from cleece ferry drop in. Then probably 10-15 to the nearest marina. I can make 80miles going 30-35 but I'd like to do the cruise and play a little more Maybe even do half of it at WOT. The cumberland cruises real well not alot of boats and when they do come they are huge yachts for wave jumping. So it's WOT, then jump 5-6 foot wakes, then WOT

I've also cruised the TN river and it's hard just finding 89 octane gas.

I'll let you know when I do the cumberland again and see if you can meet up.

+1
    cool let me know

I have made that trip several times there is a marina Anchor High right next to the Damn on the lake side the next one is 3 miles away The only time you may need fuel on the cumberland is if you ride up to cordell hull its 90 miles between fuel and you have to make a opointment to lock thru the Damn

+1
    Kinch
    They have fuel at Rock Harbor also. It is only about 40 miles from the dam. Im in on the ride. Just let me know when! I have made it from Gallatin Marina to the one on cordel Hull easy on one tank. That is a good ride also. Great burgers! About 210 miles round trip from shutes branch. Like SHHR said you have got to call 48 hours before if you plan on locking through to CH.

I think I'm going to start with the Old Hickory Dam/Anchor Marina.
    I've got the number to the lock and have already talked to him. He said just let him know that morning and he would give me a good time for going through. Then he said just call when I get there.

I've got a couple weeks before I get my new 14/19 impeller from RanCart, so I'm going to work on my gas tank mod until then.

I'll definately let yall know a week or so before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    I think I'm going to start with the Old Hickory Dam/Anchor Marina.
    I've got the number to the lock and have already talked to him. He said just let him know that morning and he would give me a good time for going through. Then he said just call when I get there.

I've got a couple weeks before I get my new 14/19 impeller from RanCart, so I'm going to work on my gas tank mod until then.

I'll definately let yall know a week or so before.
    Dont forget the pics....we like pics!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information