VF3 Install Help

I posted the following over in the How To & FAQ section a week ago and have gotten no replies so I'm gonna try here.
    Ok let me see if I've got this straight for VF3 install on a 1200R: Case-Gasket(60t modified per Billies' instructions in the how to faq section)-VF3 Reed Plate (with reeds, NO stuffers)-Gasket (60t unmodified)-OEM Aluminum Reed Cover Plate-66v Gasket-Manifold(?) with carbs mounted. Use marine grease on all gaskets, right? I was thinkin that the 60t gasket between the reed plate and the reed cover plate would need to be modded like the other 60t gasket between the case and the reed plate.
    Any one of you gurus have any thoughts on this? I'm plannin' on doin' the VF3 install soon so-help!

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RaystownLake GPR View Post
    I posted the following over in the How To & FAQ section a week ago and have gotten no replies so I'm gonna try here.
    Ok let me see if I've got this straight for VF3 install on a 1200R: Case-Gasket(60t modified per Billies' instructions in the how to faq section)-VF3 Reed Plate (with reeds, NO stuffers)-Gasket (60t unmodified)-OEM Aluminum Reed Cover Plate-66v Gasket-Manifold(?) with carbs mounted. Use marine grease on all gaskets, right? I was thinkin that the 60t gasket between the reed plate and the reed cover plate would need to be modded like the other 60t gasket between the case and the reed plate.
    Any one of you gurus have any thoughts on this? I'm plannin' on doin' the VF3 install soon so-help!
    sounds weird, but is it possible for you to like try to draw it on paint, or try to take like some legos or something and build something simple on like your table and take a picture and post it of what you wrote above..

i installed my VF3's and I was reading that, and I just kept getting really confused..

thanks.

+1

Lightbulb ????????

Hey there Raystown..

You pretty much have it down what you need to do..

There's no need to modify the gasket you are asking about..

Unless it is hanging in the airflow..
    Only then would it need a very slight trim..??

Once you lay all the parts/gaskets out in fitting sequence you'll understand what needs what..!!

Seeing you've got your GP1200r to 73+ already.

I don't think you'll have any issues fitting these reeds..

Gerry

Thread Information