2003 GTX Supercharged wear ring problems

Hey I have a 2003 GTX Supercharged, and I am running through wear rings like it's my job. The last wear ring I had put in lasted all of 9 hours, compared with 7 the time before. I run in a deep lake, with maybe a small stick and leaves being the only debris I would ever encounter. What is the deal here? Is my impeller shot? Does anyone make a stainless wear ring for a supercharged gtx? I see in other threads people talking about ss wear rings and SBT wear rings? Any advice? Thanks, Jack

+1
    Zilla

welcome to the forum this is a great place to learn

I had a 03 also you need to get rid of the plastic pump and get a aluminum pump if your ski is still under warranty they should replace it if you dont replace it the plastic pump will continue to flex under a load and eat your wear rings

Well I have a 03 GTXLTD and didn't have all that. There was a bearing upgrade or something like that, that was covered under warranty and you might still be able to get it done. After that the only time I wore a wear ring out is thru ingesting stuff through the intake grate. Sticks in your lake sounds like your menance. Plus if you go WOT be sure you are in at least 6 ft of water if not you suck up stuff from the bottom on the lake. In return wiping out your wear ring. Anything from trot lines, fishing weights, beer tabs ect could be on the bottom if you know what I mean. Hope this helps and welcome to the site. I also learned alot here. You have good knowledgable people in here.

If you do still have the plastic pump that is your problem and it needs to be replaced with the aluminum. It will probably cost about $400 or more but well worth it you have spent nearly that much for wear rings. The one on my "03 eventually split the pump and Seadoo replaced it with the aluminum one under warranty and I have had no problems since.

I mentioned this aluminum pump thing to my dealer and they looked at me like a deer in the head lights. Is it the 2004 aluminum pump housing that bolts right up? I called every dealer from woodland Ca. to Merced Ca. which is about 12 dealers and none of them could tell me what pump I needed. I even asked the guys at SKAT and they didn't know which pump I needed. What's up with that?

yes it is the 04 pump , but you need all of the internal parts too. None of the bearings prop shaft or seals fit the 04 from the 03. You also need wear ring from 04.

Any of the RXP or RXT pumps will fit. If you can't get it replaced under warranty, which I doubt you will be able to now. The cheapest way would be to buy the pump housing and send it to Impros or Skat-Trak and have the triple bearing installed. The triple bearing is cheaper than the stock internal parts and much better also.

So i can get an RXP or RXT pump but isn't the impeller a different size as well? So basically, I need the whole pump assembly with guts and impeller but I keep my stock venturi and cone? right?

Yes your venturi and cone will fit. Yes the prop sizes are different that's why you will need the GTX wear ring for the aluminum pump.I think the part # is different for the wear ring for the plastic pump than that for the aluminum, just ask for wear ring for '04 model GTX.I don't know whether Impros or Skat-Trac make the stainless steel wear ring for the GTX, may ask when you call them if you want the stainless.
    You can run RXT props by changing the driveshaft.Prop ends are different but the end going into PTO housing is the same.
    Last edited by UFO-RXT; 07-10-2006 at 12:23 PM.

Thread Information