Being dragged kicking and screaming into 1997 afcblink's Avatar

Blaster II Roll Call

Just curious about how many B2 pilots we have on the board?

I don't know if past owners count. I just sold mine about 2 months ago. Kinda regretting it now. That was a fun ski. I think it's better than the B1.

I had a Pro-Tec pipe and flame arrestors. I hit 53 to 55 mph on gps. I miss that thing.

Being dragged kicking and screaming into 1997 afcblink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM D. View Post
    I don't know if past owners count. I just sold mine about 2 months ago. Kinda regretting it now. That was a fun ski. I think it's better than the B1.

I had a Pro-Tec pipe and flame arrestors. I hit 53 to 55 mph on gps. I miss that thing.
    Yea, my wife and I were discussing upgrades to our skis. I entertained getting a leftover '05 Honda R-12 (NA) because I can get one for $6K new...

...but I decided I'm happy with my rather slow, very fun B2. That's what prompted this thread.

I like riding my GPR but I can't throw it around as easily as the BII. I used to hall ass straight towards the shore and shoot a 5 foot wall of spray on my friend when he was laying out on the beach. It's only downfall is towing a passenger. It can be done but you have to keep moving or you're falling off the back.

My wife and I had a matched pair of '96 B2s for 5 years until last year when I sold them to a friend to buy a pair of '00 GPRs. The holeshot on the B2s was amazing. I need to do the jetworks mod and maybe Leo's kit to get the same effect on a GPR. In the 5 years I had them I never had any problems with them. They started first time every time. I know a lot of riders prefer the original Blaster to the 2 but I'll always have fond memories of ours.

In too deep to ever get out.

Had mine since new without any problems and in 05 decided to add some hp. It's been alot of tinkering and not enough time to get fully dialed in yet but is a complete kick. Running a skat setback with a 15/21 swirl prop pulling 7500. Haven't GPS'd it but its slightly faster than stock

I enjoyed it stock in the rough but now at higher speeds its a workout. It's not a family cruiser or a small lake rough water boat like the new 900lb boats of today but on glass it can suprise them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3032.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	80030  

This is going to hurt!! DANGER1049's Avatar
    I have a b1 but my buddy just got a b2, very cool not bad its alot of fun handles great. This is funny my other friend just bought a gp 1200, rode it 3 times with all of us who have older stuff. He sold it a week later actually yesterday and is on the search for a B2 or something old school. He also made a $200 on the deal wow. GO OLD SCHOOL!!!!!

Thread Information