Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Another Problem, Loss of Power, Stuttering at top Speed

Well, I took my ski out today after fixing the problem after the install of the R&D Intercooler Kit. The ski had power today, but the top end was lacking just a bit. As the day went on, my power started to fade more and it seemed as if it was stuttering at top speed. By the end of the day, my rpm's ranged from 7450 to 7600. I'm guessing that a gasket or two is leaking. Any other ideas? The hoses should be good cause I went over them real good yesterday. I guess I'm back to square one again. How much power and speed can be lost with a leaking gasket?

+1
    Ride it with the seat off and check for waterleaks @ wot when there is heaps of water pressure. Make sure you do this in a large clear body of water for safety reasons.

Some water leaks are only apparent @ full snot. (I knew my shady past as a seadoo tech would pay off one day )

If no leaks, try a new set of million dollar sparkplugs.

+1
    Lets hope its not the plugs cause I just put a fresh set in 3 weeks ago and they only have 4 hours on them. I'll ride without the seat as soon as possible. Should I go ahead and change the gaskets? I already have the new ones sitting in the garage. Any other ideas?

+1
    Is it difficult to get to the supercharger to check if there is water in there?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    could be a loose coupler

+1
    Well, since I am going on vacation to the outer banks of north carolina, I figured that I would let Rudy at R-Rated go over the ski and see if he can get the most out of it. I drop it off on July 5 and I will pick it up a week later. I think he will take care of my problem and hopefully give me a little extra. Anybody else have any input on R-Rated? Rudy seems to know soooooo much more than my mechanic.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    Well, since I am going on vacation to the outer banks of north carolina, I figured that I would let Rudy at R-Rated go over the ski and see if he can get the most out of it. I drop it off on July 5 and I will pick it up a week later. I think he will take care of my problem and hopefully give me a little extra. Anybody else have any input on R-Rated? Rudy seems to know soooooo much more than my mechanic.
    Rudy will fix that ski! He knows a lot about the 250. Every problem I had, He fixed it over the phone. He's also 20 mins away from my house...

+1
    He said he is also going to check my ride plate to make sure that it is seated properly cause i only gained .5 from the plate. I'm confident that he will have it running better than it ever has.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    He said he is also going to check my ride plate to make sure that it is seated properly cause i only gained .5 from the plate. I'm confident that he will have it running better than it ever has.
    o he will! keep us posted...

+1
    You know of any hotels that are close to R Rated that are pet friendly and reasonably priced? I think I am just going to stay the night before cause it is still pretty far away from the outer banks and I don't want to drive for 14 hours straight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information