rebuilt supercharger on RXP - 8400 RPM!

So i had my ceramic washers go a couple of weeks ago.

Ended up rebuilding the SC with the 08 kit, replaced the base plate and compressor impeller (so pretty much a brand new SC). Also pulled the motor and rebuilt the oil pumps and pulled all the crap outta them. Changed oil and filter, ran the machine in the water slowly for about 20 min, pulled out and did another oil change and filter. Threw it in the lake this morning to test it out, kust a bit of chop, and unbeleivably I was seeing RPM between 8000 - 8450! WTF is up with that? Since it was bumpy the speedo was jumping around 69 - 70 MPH, but I focused mainly on the RPM. Rode for about .5 hours takin it easy and juicin it every so often.

Anyone ever have this happen? We checked the clutch slipping and it falls within the range that the service manual specifies before reinstalling the SC.

IS this normal? Most of my buddies that have had this happen actually lose a couple hundred ROM after rebuilds, but I dont think they changed their compressor impellers.

Im geeked, but also a little but concerned?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
    DC

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcvet View Post
    So i had my ceramic washers go a couple of weeks ago.

Ended up rebuilding the SC with the 08 kit, replaced the base plate and compressor impeller (so pretty much a brand new SC). Also pulled the motor and rebuilt the oil pumps and pulled all the crap outta them. Changed oil and filter, ran the machine in the water slowly for about 20 min, pulled out and did another oil change and filter. Threw it in the lake this morning to test it out, kust a bit of chop, and unbeleivably I was seeing RPM between 8000 - 8450! WTF is up with that? Since it was bumpy the speedo was jumping around 69 - 70 MPH, but I focused mainly on the RPM. Rode for about .5 hours takin it easy and juicin it every so often.

Anyone ever have this happen? We checked the clutch slipping and it falls within the range that the service manual specifies before reinstalling the SC.

IS this normal? Most of my buddies that have had this happen actually lose a couple hundred ROM after rebuilds, but I dont think they changed their compressor impellers.

Im geeked, but also a little but concerned?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
    DC
    IF you were genuinly seen 8450 and you aren't running a Rotax Racing, Riva, or reflashed ECU, I would pull your exhaust log(manifold) because the stock ECU pulls fuel at 8200 RPMs and causes the ski to run lean and melt it.

Thread Information