Homemade free flow ehaust

Ok so Riva has discontinued production of the free flow exhaust for the 03 GTX-SC so my question is this...

The metal pipe I'm about to get at VatoZone replaces the whole black box on the left side (looking towards rear of ski) of the ski? Then you just join both rubber tubes via the metal pipe? Seems easy enough. Is that all that's to it? Please let me know if I overlooked anything. Thanks

JT

+1
    Yes, that's it. An 8" long 2.5" diameter pipe of whatever material you choose should get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Yes, that's it. An 8" long 2.5" diameter pipe of whatever material you choose should get the job done.

Is it a straight piece? Cuz I got a 90 degree bend. Dammit!!

+1
    If my memory serves me correctly only the 2007 and up need a 90 bend. Maybe 2006 too, but yours isn't either year. I'm not an expert on the GTX SC so you should take a look into the ski and mock it up.

Banned User
    +1
    The 03's had a dual waterbox design with a tuned resonator pipe over the motor, and they exit opposite the normal location (manifold side)...Exhaust goes from the waterbox to a 2nd waterbox on the other side (resonator location for 04-current), then back over via rubber hose to a long plastic tube with a 90 degree fitting on the end...

My recommendation is to use the OEM tubing to go from the exit of box #1 to the plastic outlet pipe, some cutting will be needed of the OEM hose...It has been done with great success, just takes a little redneck engineering

Ok so I can totally bypass the 2nd waterbox? And rather than cut the tubing, can I get a flexible exhaust hose and run it fron WB#1 straight out the back? Maybe wrap it in exhaust wrap to keep the heat down. But the fist waterbox can't be eliminated right? Otherwise the manifold may be in trouble?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallus View Post
    Ok so I can totally bypass the 2nd waterbox? And rather than cut the tubing, can I get a flexible exhaust hose and run it fron WB#1 straight out the back? Maybe wrap it in exhaust wrap to keep the heat down. But the fist waterbox can't be eliminated right? Otherwise the manifold may be in trouble?

You can bypass the 2nd one all together, pull it out....using the rubber OEM tubes, map out a path from the 1st box out to the plastic...IF you need to you can turn the OEM exhaust outlet a few degrees forward to better help the angle, BUT, there are keyways that are molded into the plastic exhaust elbow, so you need to re-notch the hole for clearance (you'll see when removed)...

No need to wrap it, it has water flowing through it...

Thread Information