Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

06 RXT clutch gone!!!!

Hello everyone! New to this forum but not new to jet ski. I read the performance forum every day and have not noticed many 06 supercharges/clutch goen bad. My buddies 06 RXT with only 36 hours went out this weekend. The dealer said it waz the first 06 they had. My question is I have an 04 RXP with the riva stage 1 on it and it has 113 hours on it and never had a problem with it. IT will run 8000 rpm all day in smooth water. Should i be worried about my clutch or just keep riding it? Thanks.

If it's under warranty they should at least do the slip moment test. The manual says every 100 hours or one year.

I'm going to take my SC in to the dealers at 100 and demand the 06 clutch.

my 2 year warranty has done gone. I should take it for the check up then?

only thing to do is do a slip moment check on it. You can either buy a torque wrench and search the threads on how to do it or take it to the dealer and have them do it. Probably run you 100-150 dollars.

I would remove the SC your self since it might take a couple hours and it's not technically hard. Could save you 50-75 dollars on labor.

ok, thanks.

+1
    I would say "don't fix it if it's not broke" ! Your clutch was obviously assembled properly (one of the few that seem to be) and will probably last longer than a lot of the newer ones. Sad to say, but a lot of dealers don't have a hint on how to do a slip test on it. Even if they did, they would probably try to talk you into spending big bucks for a new clutch. With this advice and Murphys Law, you'll probably blow your clutch next time you use the ski !!!!

Richard

I hope not, that's what my dealer said. I even ran full synthetic oil in it the first 2 year,till i found out not to. I guess its to late to get extended warranty?

+1
    WORD OF WARNING TO YOU ALL; I would recomend you changing out those ceramic washers for the metal ones even if yours havent gone yet. Trust me it is far better to pay 100 for some metal washers than over 500+ for the oil pumps and related parts that get damaged if even one of those ceramics comes apart. I just had one let loose on my 06 and it happened on the trailer while I was blowing the exhaust out, not even any high rpm running time and I still have all that damage so imagine what kind of damage you can do if it happens while you are out riding and are doing 7000+rpms NOT GOOD! I only have 42 hrs on it and yes I have a warranty but 1) I dont trust any dealer to do this kind of work, I doubt they would have found the damage that I have and 2) I dont want to wait a month or more to have my ski fixed so I am going to shell out the money to fix it.That sucks, GET THE METAL WASHERS AND REPLACE THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you have to go through what I am going through. I have to replace everything lubrication related except for the PTO housing plus I have to replace the bearings in the S/C. These are very critical parts for an engine running at over 8000rpm's so you cannot take a chance with these not being right! I am sure that many of you guys are happy/proud that your ski has 100+ hours and no clutch problems at all and I am happy for you too BUT all it takes is one time and BAM you WILL be standing in my shoes........Then you wont be so happy. Think about it boys, as the saying goes "you can pay me now or you can pay me later" but YOU WILL PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if i get the metal washers, all i haft to do is pull the supercharger and change the ceramic washers to the metal ones and put it back? Or do i haft to order a upgrade kit too?

+1
    You can just replace the washers, You only need to upgrade if you want the bigger shaft.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information