Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: genesis dieing.

genesis dieing.

I have a 99 genesis ficht and can't figure out why it is acting up. I have replaced the tps and the electrical board and it just dies after a minute or two. It is not the fuel. The circuit board was a different part number but looked the same except for a couple of large diodes in the corner. I don't know what else to do. Please help. Thanks.

I know you said it isn't the fuel, but it wouldn't hurt to pull the carb? That is if it's carbed...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wmwbutler View Post
    I have a 99 Genesis Ficht and can't figure out why it is acting up.
    I have replaced the TPS and the electrical board and it just dies after a minute or two. It is not the fuel.
    The circuit board was a different part number but looked the same except for a couple of large diodes in the corner.
    I don't know what else to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    I know you said it isn't the fuel, but it wouldn't hurt to pull the carb?
    That is if it's carbed...
    It is fuel injected.
    Why was the TPS and electrical board replaced?
    To address this problem, or to fix some other problem?

When it dies, is it sudden, like you just pulled the lanyard out? Or does it hiccup or run rough, and then die?

Does it restart right away?

Any messages or warning lights?
    Does it die regardless of speed or throttle position?

Hot or cold?

Any history on this ski?
    Flooding, previous problems?

the electrical board was replaced because the fuse holder broke. The tps was replaced to try and fic the problem that I still have. When it dies it has always warmed up whether it be 5, 10, or 30 minutes. with the warmer weather it seem to take less time.

Seeing that it is a Fitch that tells us it is fuel injected, which also opens up its own can of worms. I seem to remember mine doing something like this at one time or another and if I remember corectly it was caused by a fuel pressure "pop off valve" coming off of the fuel pump on the inside of the tank. If you can get that big ring off the fuel pump and lift the pump out a bit you should see a valve at the end of a short black tube hanging from the underside of the top of the pump. Or you will find it down at the bottom of the pump just floating around by the pick up area... If it is off put it back in the hole where the fuel return line comes into the tank and zip tie that sucker to the "big spring" that makes up the outer part of the pump.... i may have a picture of it.. i will check tomorrow..

+1
    Check your fuel pressure .about 28 lb is Good .Does the fuel pump still operate when you try and start it when it stops on you .Do you have to wait for it to cool down before it starts again .Stator symptoms to me if that is the case .Test it out when it won't start .Do it whilst it has the issue ,not after 10 mins rest

Bernie

ski has been sitting overnight and I ohmed the stator windings and each winding ohmed out to 1.8 to 2.0 ohms.

I ohmed it through the stator connector to the emm, 1.8 to 2.0 ohms is high resistance isn't it? Will this cause the ski to die when it gets warmed up? When it is cold, it runs great. sometimes 20 min, sometimes 5 min. Does the stator create the voltage for the injectors? It acts like it is not getting fuel when it dies. I am at the end of my rope with this darn thing. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by wmwbutler; 06-28-2008 at 11:33 AM.

checked the voltage on the injectors. Unplugged one at the time and cranked it up. Each injector plug had 32 vdc running. I think that this is not enough. Maybe even less voltage when the ski warms up, I don't know. Anyone got any advice? thanks

checked the stator cranking voltage. with the 12pin unplugged from the emm, checked each winding while cranking and i got almost the right ac voltage. like 6.8vac on 1 and 2, and 4.6vac on 3, 4 & 5. maybe a little low cause of the battery only being at 11.6 vdc. thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information