Arrrrggghh! Ups Sucks!

Just want to vent a little and let everyone know how much more reliable (and often cheaper) FED EX is over UPS. I ordered a crank from Dan at Waterworx, he shipped it via UPS ground, tracking the package it was due to arrive on Wed. the 25th. It arrived in Addison, IL on the 24th scheduled to deliver on the 25th and didn't show up. I contacted Dan and he initiated a trace, well they found my crank an hour ago back in Florida. It took 4 days to get from Florida to Illinois and made it back to Florida in less than 2. I contacted UPS expecting that they would be expediting the shipment to me, however, it turns out that they will not admit/correct their mistake and have put it on a truck back to Illinois via ground shipping. I explained that due to their screwup that I would be waiting another 5 days for this item to arrive, their answer is that they will not upgrade shipping. So, somehow they can get the package from Illinois to Florida in 2 days yet the trip in the other direction takes 5. Am I missing something here? Is it actually uphill the entire way north, or are there significant headwinds to deal with? In any case use FED EX wherever possible. Check their rates, it's often cheaper and WAY more reliable.

+1
    I have had issues with both and to be honest Fed Ex ground is worse than anything I have ever dealt with. I use the post office whenever possible.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    I have had issues with both and to be honest Fed Ex ground is worse than anything I have ever dealt with. I use the post office whenever possible.
    +1

I use Post office also, there is as much as a 60% difference in shipping price from UPS, example, 2 day priority to New Jersery for a 14 lb package is @ $65, through the Post Office same 2 day priorty is $22.65...............

Location , Location , Location I have the best service with UPS mostly due to my local driver then USPS then Fedex

+1
    USPS flat rate priority boxes are my favorite way to ship.

DHL is the worst, I like Fed Ex too.

Thread Information