KDS in Rochester NY

Any chance that some one in the Rochester NY area has a KDS (Kawasaki Diagonstic System)?

+1
    whats wrong with it ??

My 12f has developed a unstable idle, the rpms drops and it recovers, also not as crisp off idle; like a slight miss. Top speed and max RPM are fine. The spark plugs look good. I checked for vacuum leaks: none. I think it is an idle controls issue that I would hope to see on the KDS. I'm thinking of buying one... cost $300

Found a Dealer who had a KDS and could run my ski. There were no error codes stored nor any stored in the history. No malfunctions could be found. So I went and put in a new set of spark plugs and wouldn't you know, all is well again!!

j

+1
    mine was running fine, i decided to change the plugs at about 20hrs, now i have slight miss on top every so often, and the other day it was running rough at idle. i am thinking its a plug, but these only have about 3 hrs on them. i am thinking i will put my old plugs back ? all i can think of is that i idled for about 1 hour one day, due to a bad storm and my new plugs are shot. any ideas ? so early in the game new plugs gone bad.

I'd put the old plugs back in and see if it runs like before. Sometimes there can be a small crack in the electrode or the insulator that can cause a slight miss.

j

Quote Originally Posted by Flytime View Post
    ...I'm thinking of buying one... cost $300
    Dont you need a dealer access code to operate KDS software?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    Dont you need a dealer access code to operate KDS software?

Didn't know that...... http://www.floridasmarthomes.com/teammoto/?cat=53

No dealer service code needed. Just buy the equipment.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

while I'm waiting for my code reading gear to arrive..

Had a _seecond_ phone call today about a 2001 di ski showing code "e9" can't find anything anywhere about it. Manuals list codes, but maybe I'm just missing the page with e9, or it's a bogus code, meaning the ecu has gone belly up.

both skis seem to be in limp mode, but the second caller says that with some coaxing it can get up on plane and run decent.

i advised against that, but she doesn't want to go back to the local kaw dealer..obvioulsy they nade her drink bilge water last time this happened, and wouldn't really disclose what they fixed other then " a recall item"

I'll take a swag over no guess at all...Riva is shipping me the update I need to read this skis computer , the softwware i Have v1.3 reports " needs an update"..well the update is 2.4..reasonably priced, but I need it like yesterday.

Thread Information