+1

New aluminum parts for jet-skis

hello people, although I am new Here, i am well known on stratusphere.us for my aluminum parts. It my understanding that some replacement parts (drive shafts and couplers) for polaris and yamaha (certain years) are unavailable. this information came from jazzmotor sports. Anyway, since I am familar with aftermarket parts production, I thought you people might need something produced...
    email
    [email protected]

the gate is open!
    for parts that others won't make

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Polaris forums of Green Hulk!

Interesting service you are offering.

There are a few other machinist types around here, but I suspect you will see a number of interesting queries as people become aware.

In addition to replacing out of production OEM parts, there are some aftermarket performance things that are no longer made.

I think intake and exhaust components will get lots of interest, and things like triple pipe tuned exhaust systems are hard to come by.

Polaris drive shafts are hardened steel, as are the drive shaft couplers for most model years (or rubber+steel).

Could you show us some examples of the types of work you like to do?

+1
    Welcome to the GH forums... Sounds like a great service you will have there. In fact this would be what it takes to keep the Polaris alive.

I was just talking to Kevin, about what was needed to put the big-bores in the SLTX hull. Maybe some pipe work would do the trick.

By the way guys, Ted Thompson does driveshafts, and can make specialty items for anyone. His contact stuff is in the conversion area.

+1
    yes, here are some aftermarket pulleys I had produced by a two companys. One is based in (canada) and the other is located in (plattsburgh) ny

If this image dosen't show, i don't know what else to do,

All information gained will help me avoid wasting time and resources on parts that are unecessary. As for tunepipe production, I'm am not sure if the two companys, I am working with can due this, they formerly made drive componets. However, I will investigate this further, until then please enjoy the pictures I have provided,

thanks

pursuader
    Last edited by pursuader; 06-28-2008 at 09:31 AM. Reason: trying to post pictures

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuader View Post
    ...If this image dosen't show, i don't know what else to do,

When replying to a post in Advanced Mode, scroll down to the Manage Attachments button. Add your pictures (full resolution is OK), then click Preview to verify things look correct.

Then click Submit.

BTW, your link above didn't take me anywhere useful.
    Last edited by K447; 06-29-2008 at 08:41 AM.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    The Polaris Intakes is one thing that pops to mind,at the price and rarity of them now they would be worth while. Also a better version of the MSX Ride plate would be a good seller.

+1

examples of quality aluminum parts

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome to the Polaris forums of Green Hulk!

Interesting service you are offering.

There are a few other machinist types around here, but I suspect you will see a number of interesting queries as people become aware.

In addition to replacing out of production OEM parts, there are some aftermarket performance things that are no longer made.

I think intake and exhaust components will get lots of interest, and things like triple pipe tuned exhaust systems are hard to come by.

Polaris drive shafts are hardened steel, as are the drive shaft couplers for most model years (or rubber+steel).

Could you show us some examples of the types of work you like to do?

Hey I know this is a very old message but I just stumbled a crossed it again to day...examples of quality aluminum parts
    Attached Images Attached Images      

+1
    something easy and I believe you will make a killing....pump wedges! they are hard to find and are a highly sought after item.

Quote Originally Posted by Plrs X45 View Post
    something easy and I believe you will make a killing....pump wedges! they are hard to find and are a highly sought after item.
    from what I can tell the 4 degree wedges are plentiful.. 6 degree maybe not so much??

+1
    4 degree wedges are stock. Offering them in the 6 degree variety will be great. Randy just posted that he has 5 left at a "first come, first serve" basis.

Thread Information