Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

new 150 owner, thoughts on wake tower?

Just got my 07 speedster and it does not have the tower/top.....I have heard of a few of these breaking at the welds. Are these breaking just riding or pulling people in the water from the top of the tower? Anyone have one and want to sell it? I see seadoo is very proud of them seeing how they have it priced I do need something cool looking to keep the sun off of my balding head and I think the factory top looks cool.

Somebody on the forum as talking about selling theirs recently.....Check some of the recent posts.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    Don't get the wake tower! Just get the Bimini that will match your color boat...They come in yellow or red and cost like $400.00-$500.00 if you install it yourself. The wake towers cost over $2,000

The wake tower is just gonna get in your way. It makes it harder to get in and out of the craft. Also the boats with wake towers have heavy duty brackets inside the fiberglass of the hull from the factory. If you try to add the wake tower to your non wake tower boat you will have to beef up the hull wear it will mount so it doesn't rip out of the fiberglass. Trust me on this one and stay away from the tower. If you need pics of my Bimini installed on my 06 Sportster same as a 150 speedster, just let me know and I'll post some on this thread.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    Don't get the wake tower! Just get the Bimini that will match your color boat...They come in yellow or red and cost like $400.00-$500.00 if you install it yourself. The wake towers cost over $2,000

The wake tower is just gonna get in your way. It makes it harder to get in and out of the craft. Also the boats with wake towers have heavy duty brackets inside the fiberglass of the hull from the factory. If you try to add the wake tower to your non wake tower boat you will have to beef up the hull wear it will mount so it doesn't rip out of the fiberglass. Trust me on this one and stay away from the tower. If you need pics of my Bimini installed on my 06 Sportster same as a 150 speedster, just let me know and I'll post some on this thread.
    this sounds like the way to go, pics if ya got'em and where do I get the top to match?

What color 150 speedster do you have Red Or Yellow?

If you have a yellow boat here is the ebay link for the Yellow Bimini top.
    The listing is for a sportster but it will also fit the 07 150 speedster

I haven't been able to find a red one but I'm sure the seller might be able to get you one if you contact him. Here is the ebay link---->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bimini-top-for-Sea-Doo-Sportster-4-TEC-sunbrella-canvas_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1 247QQcategoryZ26447QQihZ006QQitemZ4637918978QQrdZ1 QQsspagenameZWD1V

I will take some pics of my Bimini top on my 06 Sportster for you tomorrow morning.

Hold N On
    Last edited by holdnon72; 06-28-2008 at 04:12 PM.

I had a monster tower installed on my 150. The major advantage is board/ski storage while boating. The major disadvantes are cost, constantly needs tightening, and bumping your head on it. The boat hull will need fiberglass reinforcing where the tower attaches to the boat as previously stated.

If you want shade, buy a bimini top. If you are a wakeboarder or skier than you might want to consider a tower.

Here is a link were you can get the red bimini top---->http://www.boatcoversdirect.com/prod...ufacturer/369/

2006 Sea Doo Sportster Bimini Pics

Here are the pics you requested. Notice in picture 1 how you can have the Bimini in a stand-by position when not in use. Or you could even fold the small support bars in and lay the Bimini down resting on the trunk lid. I recommend laying it on the trunk lid for long trailer trips on the road.

I have done like 35 MPH with the Bimini fully open but other members here have been WOT but I don't recommend that.

For some reason my pics did not post. Never had this problem on this forum before. They were uploaded and there when I clicked submit reply.

Sorry, I'll have to try again

9SecZ06,
    Send me a private msg. with your email and I'll send the photos to you if you like

For some reason I still can't upload pics to the forum. I resized them and still nothing.
    Last edited by holdnon72; 06-28-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information