Kawasaki stx-15f oil change/ filter

anyways i have a 2008 kawasaki stx-15f and im changing the oil. How the F do u get that oil filter off of there?

+1
    get a 65-67mm cap oil filter wrench at the auto parts and use a 3/8 rachet on the front of the motor, it can be done. stuff some rags on the bottom, especially on the front of the motor to absorb all the s*it that is gonna drip out. BUT before you do all this, your first step is to extract the oil out from the crankcase via the dipstick with an extractor pump.

+1
    Dallas, Time to limber up the wrist and hope like hell you have small forearms. Stand on the left side of the ski and reach across into the right front of the engine... oh yeah remove the dip stick... probably have done that already since you should have extracted the oil with the pump. The filter is on the side of the engine right below the dipstick. I usually will get the filter off and stick my finger in the end and pull it out that way. good luck. you are going to need a long skinny arm bro .

I havn't tried doing it this way, but I had the storage compartment out for another reason and noticed how easy it was to get to the oil filter through there. It's only about 8 phillips head screws to remove it. I will be trying it this way in the next week or so.

+1
    i heard about this before (the glove box removal). i looked at it when i got home and it doesnt look like you would be able to reach the oil filter thru the top even with the glove box off, it looks like u would run into the gas tank and a whole bunch of s*it in between. correct me if I am wrong.

I have big fat arms however all you need is proper filter wrench, a little patience the hardest thing for me is getting old filter out,finger in hole works well and starting new filter without dropping it,just make sure if you do you have a magnet to fish it out,I use band type wrench as you have plenty room to pull up,problem comes when you have twins on trailer I usually just swap them around though after changing one ,its really not that bad if you like pain,thrive on contorsionism,and have plenty extra blood!!only really bad ones are first time as they seem to be epoxied on at factory!!!!!!well it seems like it!>Marvin

Thread Information