Thread: schuykill?

schuykill?

just had a couple quick questions... i know i was talking to someone about this b4 the shipbottom ride... but i don't have the best memory...

we can ride from the delaware river all the way up to the falls... right?
    are there any no-wake zones?
    anything else i should watch out for?

thnx in advance guys...
    a friend was askin cause he would luv to ride on there... works in NE Philly... and when he drives by there... he never sees boats... i was wondering myself... it looks like it would be an awesome ride...

+1
    It's a fun ride up to the falls.

Some of the smoothest water to be found. Feels great to take the winding turns at 65+mph.

Only things to watch out for are:

After the first bridge(past the oil refineries), on the right the water can be shallow at low tide. Stay towards the left until you make the next turn.

Theres about 5 bridges i believe on the ride up. be careful. There are boats out there as well and sometimes it's hard to see someone coming through at same time.

It's a popular fishing place from land. So be careful not to get clothes lined.

Since the river runs through the heart of the city. There seems to be alot of trash out there floating. Plastic bottles, food containers. Just annoying crap that gets in the intake.

Up towards the falls. They have canoe rentals that are occasionally out there. Have to slow down some. But it's fun to talk to the college chicks.

Theres no, no wake zones. WOT the entire way

One time coming back. Wavejunkie(dave) and I were about WOT heading towards a bridge. At last sec a boat came through. There was no risk of hitting the boat, but we were committed to his wake at 60+. We both launched. I had the time to look over and his ski was in air next to me. But, he wasnt on it. He bailed. I watched his ski touch down.My ski landed back end first and it recovered. We were easily 30ft distance in air. Scariest thing i've done on a ski.

awesome! thanx for the info man...

good to see you out there today Kamikaze!! I went down to penns landing , but didnt go up the surekill! River was crazy today with rollers! All week it was calm around 4pm with almost hi tide. today tide rolling out big time!

Anyone going out during the week and wants to go up to the falls just give me a day notice and I'm sure I can go.
    I launch at linden ave.

+1
    We were just up there today. It was a nice ride up to the falls. The delaware river was pretty rough though...

There's 2 no wake zones under 2 of the bridges... I caught one and missed the other one...or so termite (Jim) told me.

They are little signs on the bridge..

It's looking like a slow work week just before the holidays.. I might be interested in an early morning ride up there during the week..
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    There's 2 no wake zones under 2 of the bridges... I caught one and missed the other one...or so termite (Jim) told me.

They are little signs on the bridge..
    I missed both of them following Joe at 40MPH

+1
    It was rough out there. We only made it down to penns landing ourselves. On the ride back we did get hooked up by a cool tugboat captain. He knew we were jumping and trimmed up to put out some nice 6ft wakes for a few miles.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    It was rough out there. We only made it down to penns landing ourselves. On the ride back we did get hooked up by a cool tugboat captain. He knew we were jumping and trimmed up to put out some nice 6ft wakes for a few miles.
    That's funny because we were also playing behind a tugboat at the end of the ride by the CB Bridge..

ride

Im down for Thursday...... got about 4 with me...Letz hookup !!!

PS I was there with Kamakasi that ride.... I was scared for them lol nice ride but watch the trash in the water...

ItzMunch

I wish I could make it out on Thursday but I have work

Thread Information