intercooler hose management

RXT install:
    As I sat there contemplating the intercooler water hoses on my way to work I wondered if it would be possible to route the hose that goes from the output of the ic to the exhaust manifold under the engine.

How did you route the hose going from the IC to the exhaust manifold?

thanks
    scott

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    RXT install:
    As I sat there contemplating the intercooler water hoses on my way to work I wondered if it would be possible to route the hose that goes from the output of the ic to the exhaust manifold under the engine.

How did you route the hose going from the IC to the exhaust manifold?

thanks
    scott
    I just ran mine down the right side of the engine, across the front and up to the exh manifold. Used the stock hose off the manifold and coupled in a piece of heater hose from the ic. It's just lying there in the bottom of the hull.
    I do not see any problem running it under the engine, though.

What did you find out about the 4" hose?

I didnt feel like disassembling the 4 inch intake and and hoses again. LOL
    The hose is running down the left side, under the j pipe, over the transom to the IC.

The guy I contacted said this, so I will have to give Rob a call.
    Anything with teflon seems to start aorund $10 and go up from there.

L-9 might work fine, but the interior is not completely smooth. It's sold in 12 ft lengths. But normally sold only to distributors. Call New England Sales Rep Rob Honohan - 508-765-0306 who should be able to tell you how to get the hose (and probably give better tech advice).
    My initial reaction is that a rubber covered smooth bore Teflon hose might be better - again, this would be through an industrial hose distributor.
    Regards,
    John Hill

I will keep researching this hose and walk through the rest of the plant to see what other areas are using to vent their tool sets.

OK, so you are running yours around the back of the engine and I'm running mine around the front of the engine. I really like the front better cause it stays out of the way of all the other hoses at the back of the engine. I also like having access to the hose coupler at the front of the engine for ease of disconnecting when fooling with the exhaust manifold. Also to disconnect and force back-flush the intercooler, etc. without getting water in the engine.

+1
    Check this thread I started - http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61362 I used Larry's ideas for routing the lines he mentions in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    OK, so you are running yours around the back of the engine and I'm running mine around the front of the engine. I really like the front better cause it stays out of the way of all the other hoses at the back of the engine. I also like having access to the hose coupler at the front of the engine for ease of disconnecting when fooling with the exhaust manifold. Also to disconnect and force back-flush the intercooler, etc. without getting water in the engine.
    ahhhh I see what you are saying.

I will add that to the winter list for things to look at.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Also to disconnect and force back-flush the intercooler, etc. without getting water in the engine.
    I was thinking of a way that I could add a quick disconnects to the coupler in front of the engine and at the strainer to be able to disconect the intercooler water lines to flush only the intercooler separately since I ride only in salt water but I havent seen anything or come up with any ideas yet.

here is a thought
    2 3 way valves in the system
    On with a connection to connect the hose to back flow the IC and the other to discharge overboard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ic flush.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	80445  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    here is a thought
    2 3 way valves in the system
    On with a connection to connect the hose to back flow the IC and the other to discharge overboard
    Exactly what I was thinking. I just dont know what type of valves to use. I'll have to look in the plumming section.
    Oooo they pricey.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/ite...ection,%20Rate
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 06-29-2008 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    I was thinking of a way that I could add a quick disconnects to the coupler in front of the engine and at the strainer to be able to disconect the intercooler water lines to flush only the intercooler separately since I ride only in salt water but I havent seen anything or come up with any ideas yet.
    I do that when I need to...
    I just pull the coupler apart and insert a 3/4" plastic hose threaded male barb with a quick disconnect hose fitting on it. Then I just connect the water hose and back flush full force. When finished I pull the barb out and reconnect the coupler. I put silicone grease in the exhaust hose end to make it easy to pull apart and put back together. A water hose quick connect/disconnect could be installed there with barbs but I don't think I want to rely on it for full time pressure and use. if it leaks my ski might sink.

Thread Information