Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

After much downtime, my RXT Floats and Runs w/ results

I've actually had it together for quite a bit now and have about 8-10 hours on it since i put the motor back in and got the hull back. People been PMing me asking what the heck the deal is, where's my ski, when will i have it back... well i've had it I'm waiting on a few things, and some other small things didn't go as planned and i was desperate to hit the water, so i assembled the ski nearly stock.

How stock? Stock air intake, stock intercooler, stock ECU

2005 RXT w/ 110 hours

Rideplate modded by me (w/ NO skegs)
    Trued Hull
    Riva Intake Grate
    Thru-hull exhaust
    Rideplate holes filled
    OPAS block off plates
    RR 158 degree Thermostat runinng only water and "water wetter" (no antifreeze)
    Drastically reduced hull temps
    Solas 14/19 out of the box

today was first time i put the GPS to it bc all the other times i forgot my GPS, then when i remember it had no damn batteries

Today was choppy. Could not find glass for the life of me. 6" chop would have been a bargain, but even that was a struggle to come across for even a 1/4 mile stretch. the tide was whipping, so there was a current, BUT i was going AGAINST the current so numbers are not inflated here.

I have a porpoise at top speed 90% of the time, and sometimes it's not there, depends on the water. I can get up to top speed VERY quickly, and once the RPMs and speed flatten out i'm at peak speed for 2 seconds before the porpoise kicks in so i can't get into superman position.

69.8 mph at 7700 RPMs ...Against the current and in a slight chop but staying well planted and hooked up... of course not just a recorded "Maximum speed" on the GPS. replicated numerous times, some numbers higher, and i was able to see my current speed stay and hold 69.8 no problem.

no matter where when how, i am able to get this thing rockin to 68+ mph no problem in the middle of boat wakes and traffic and chop....

so now i gotta get the prop dialed in for 8100, see where that puts me, obviously over 70 mph i would think....

then comes my air intake, intercooler, ECU, supercharger

+1
    WOW! awsome speeds for that RPM and conditions.

"well I've had it Shibb - It's one thing to have a fast ski with a lot of mods! But the bottom line is it's dead summer and I think we all purchased our pwc's to have fun on on our days off! Reliability VS aftermarket learning curves. I think it's great that you detuned your ski for a moment just to get out there and have fun Not everyone has an back-up RXP like Jerry does! (He probably has to sweet talk the Princess to ride it when he is "under construction" with his RXP!) Hats off to ya

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Good deal Steve, looks like 75mph is in your near future. I have the same problem with porposing. It seems like if i can get 6 inch chop it does good but glass is terrible. I need to get my hands on some Kanaflex for a different intake setup. I'm also afraid to say it but i think i got ripped off with the RR 158 thermostat that i got from ebay. I think it's just a stocker. Hope to ride with you again soon man.

+1
    Good job Steve...Your crazy going that fast on the water though...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by two2curupt
    Good job Steve...Your crazy going that fast on the water though...
    don't get sarcastic with me! doesn't even feel that fast man.... i guess i got used to the kawis and hondas and in the rough doing 50 feels FAST on those skis bc ur taking such a beating. doing 68-70 with the RXT isn't all that much of a beating on the rider, ur riding along thinking damn, ski feels slow, then u look down and see the GPS pegged at 69+ .... hmm, no chit.

rode this morning for like 2.5 hours.... then it got rough and turned into I-95 on the water near me (plus fuel was low) so i'm gonna go back out again around 6pm and hope for flat water somewhere and let her rip

OH YEA... those speeds were with a full tank. when i was down to a half tank i couldn't find flat water ANYWHERE.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River
    "well I've had it Shibb - It's one thing to have a fast ski with a lot of mods! But the bottom line is it's dead summer and I think we all purchased our pwc's to have fun on on our days off! Reliability VS aftermarket learning curves. I think it's great that you detuned your ski for a moment just to get out there and have fun Not everyone has an back-up RXP like Jerry does! (He probably has to sweet talk the Princess to ride it when he is "under construction" with his RXP!) Hats off to ya
    hey muddy... i got a back up 04 GTX SC.... but man is that thing BOOOOOORING. but was still fun to ride when i was desperare to be on the water.... had to rebuild the SC on the GTX yesterday tho at least i caught it before it turned into a oil pump and cover job

+1
    I slapped a stock 15/20 in today....Ski ran HARD...But I was a tad low on rpms...

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    hey muddy... i got a back up 04 GTX SC.... but man is that thing BOOOOOORING. but was still fun to ride when i was desperare to be on the water.... had to rebuild the SC on the GTX yesterday tho at least i caught it before it turned into a oil pump and cover job

Shibb- I have 80 hrs on the original SC washers, I have to amit to ya, I am getting nervous I talked to the wife (she holds the funds or I would have an RXT and an RXP) Should I or should'nt I upgrade? I called a buddy yesterday and he is going through the oil pump and cover job as we speak! It's pricey just for the parts alone! So whats the best insurance? Upgrading the 04 to an 06 with Les Cooke washers? How much is the Hulkster charging for the 06 kit (I figure I have some warn out parts) and Les washers?
    Jerry- I don't need that part for the sponsons, Riva is sending me a kit for free!

+1
    muddy... i had a cutch in my 05 RXT for 100 hours... tested it and it fell way low in torque specs but never felt SC slippage while in the water. clutch was replaced under warranty.... then i ran the 06 clutch for 10-15 hours and it fell low on the torque specs, so i threw another kit in it last week jsut bc my SC was sitting on a shelf for 1.5 months and who knows if it was banged around or not... like 5 hours on this 06 clutch in my RXT now... so far so good

on the 04 GTX SC... 125 hours bone stock original 04 clutch kit .... bear in mind we're on long island which means pretty much 24/7 rough waters and ocean riding... constant pump loading and unhooking. i rode the ski last week and it was VERY obvious the clutch was slipping. i could feel it engage and slip upon heavy acceleration and in the rough it would stop engaging until i let off and slowly went up on plane... i played with fire and ran this ski like this for another 6 hours in rough water praying every minute, lol... pulled the SC, tested the slipping moment, and it passed go figure. the one that runs good fails the slip test, and the one that is running like crap and slipping passes the test.

needless to say i put an 06 clutch kit in the 04 GTX yesterday and will be putting metal washers in it shortly. i was gonna slap metal washers on the stock shaft, but jerry advised me not to. start wish fresh bearings and a thicker shaft, and he's right.... these are delicate parts of our skis to begin with, i should kick myself for even thinking of half-assin it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information