Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    help needed rxp x

    hi help needed,i bought a new rxp x ski which from new had a damaged bumper strip,i was advised by the dealer that it would be replaced,at the time i said will the replacement cause any damage to the the ski.i was told it will be repaired as good as new.on recieving the ski back from having the strip fitted i now have 20 holes left where the old strip was fitted as they have drilled a new lot for the new bump strip.is this normal or could they have re-used the old holes.please advise on the correct seadoo procedure for replacing this strip as i am not impressed.
    cheers nt


  2. #2
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    can you post some pics

    this doesnt sound like a very bright move on the dealer

  3. #3
    Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by zipper View Post
    hi help needed,i bought a new rxp x ski which from new had a damaged bumper strip,i was advised by the dealer that it would be replaced,at the time i said will the replacement cause any damage to the the ski.i was told it will be repaired as good as new.on recieving the ski back from having the strip fitted i now have 20 holes left where the old strip was fitted as they have drilled a new lot for the new bump strip.is this normal or could they have re-used the old holes.please advise on the correct seadoo procedure for replacing this strip as i am not impressed.
    cheers nt

    Dude post pics fast and tell us who the dealer is and where so everyone can avoid that dealer....That is BULL SH*T.....I would let BRP in Canada know that this type of work is being done...And its being done on new unit sales......

  4. #4
    i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NOVA - Pohick Bay/Lake Anna
    Posts
    285
    any holes are bad holes...in the boat that is.. need some pix bro

  5. #5
    i will upload pics at the weekend,the holes are in the lip behind the bump strip,dealer said this is the case when changing the strips as the holes in the new bumper are in a different place,is this true?

  6. #6
    YoYamma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    21,531
    +1
    4,757
    That's crazy.
    They should have called you before drilling anything...
    Send them up to the Arctic Wildlife Refuge, we need some drilling there.

  7. #7
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixcustoms View Post
    Dude post pics fast and tell us who the dealer is and where so everyone can avoid that dealer....That is BULL SH*T.....I would let BRP in Canada know that this type of work is being done...And its being done on new unit sales......

    easy there killer.... no need to jump the gun w/o seeing pics first

  8. #8
    Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    easy there killer.... no need to jump the gun w/o seeing pics first

    you are right about jumping the gun...I do want to see pics.....But I have been around this kind of crap before....

    1st: should have told you it was going to leave new holes
    2nd: Should not have told you was going to be like new
    3rd: If you drill new holes then you fill old ones....Period....
    4th: You dont sell a new unit for full price when it has an issue
    (Just like a scratch and dent sale....if its scratched or dented sell it as such and tell the customer what you can and cant do....)

    I really hate the used car salesmen attitude towards a new unit sale....If its new then it better be new when it comes out of that crate and better not have any blemish's period.........if it does then discount it or charge the shipper for damages or ask BRP to fix it....Come on......

    In this industry we call that LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Sorry had to vent........but get pics up.........lets see what it looks like 1st then we will bust that A**

  9. #9
    Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!! SuperCharged/IC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    117
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Send them up to the Arctic Wildlife Refuge, we need some drilling there.

    How right you are.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rydal, Georgia U S A
    Posts
    3,936
    +1
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    That's crazy.
    They should have called you before drilling anything...
    Send them up to the Arctic Wildlife Refuge, we need some drilling there.
    +2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help, need the experts!! 2006 RXP Power Loss
    By tampa_m5 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 08:56 PM
  2. Help need rxp engine/advice
    By Azzo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 12:51 PM
  3. HELP!! Need RXP prop
    By Duke in forum Southeast
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 02:38 PM
  4. 04 RXP turns 5700RPMS today, help needed?
    By doc212121 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 03:36 PM
  5. Help - need RXP battery dimensions
    By Vern in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 05:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •