Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bilge Pump/trim

Bilge Pump/trim

Hello everyone newbie. I have a 96 780sl. The bilge pump stays on constantly. I tried putting a switch in thinking that was the problem but now the pump nor trim works. Does anyone out there know what i should do? thanks

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the GreenHulk MB.
    The pump is supposed to run any time the engine is running. It is fed power from the voltage regulator (LR31-2) I've read of others having problems w/ the pump not shutting off, and its been caused by the regulator going bad.
    How did you wire in the switch? Did you check the 3 amp fuse in the elect box?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    Welcome to the GreenHulk MB.
    The pump is supposed to run any time the engine is running. It is fed power from the voltage regulator (LR31-2) I've read of others having problems w/ the pump not shutting off, and its been caused by the regulator going bad.
    How did you wire in the switch? Did you check the 3 amp fuse in the elect box?
    correct ^^^^^

Thanks For Responding. No I Didn't Check In Box. As For As The Switch I, Just Cut The Wire And Add A Switch In Line. Dont Think It Was The Thing To Do Now. So Whats My First Step?

+1
    I'd put the wiring back to its original condition (be sure to use heat shrink tubing as it needs to be water proof).
    Replace the 3 amp fuse in the electrical box and replace the voltage regulator.

THANKS PH2OCRAFT i will try that. does greenhulk sell voltage regulators. and also would there be a problem if i soder the wires back before heat shrink.

+1
    Solder is perfect. Randy at Watcon, Jay at Atlantic both have them. There are other companies, I just prefer the guys/gals that help us here.

ok guys, i opened the box and the fuse was blown. i will replace it in the morn. my next question is i dont know where the voltage regulator is, can someone please help me ientify it. thanks

+1
    It's the only box attached to the side of the terminal board. The colors of the wires should be orange, red/purple, yellow and black.

You can verify the unit is bad with a test lamp.
    Ground the test light and then probe the wires from the regulator. red/purple should have +12 constant
    orange should ONLY have +12 volts when the engine is turning over and/or running.
    If orange has +12 constant, the regulator has shorted or you have a wiring issue at the board.

thanks, now i have a 780 slt lightning for parts, would the regulators be the same? or should i just buy a new one?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information